Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppSnapp + AnySim worked like a charm but .....ITUNES :(

Default AppSnapp + AnySim worked like a charm but .....ITUNES :(
    hi all,

I used Jailbreakme and AnySIM yesterday to jailbreak and unlock my phone. Everything works well (youtube and itunes store), but when I connected the phone to my PB this morning (first time to the computer) ...nothing happened!!! Itunes did not fire up!! I tried this from diff usb ports and still nothing happened. When I open Itunes manually, still nothing happens! I double checked to make sure I have the latest version of itunes (7.4.2) which I do. I should mention that I had previously downloaded Independence and force quit 'itunes helper' thinking that I would use this method. But when I saw how easy kjailbreakme was, I changed my mind. Now in activity monitor, I can't find ituneshelper when I open up itunes. Does this need to be there??

I would really like to sync up contacts and put some music on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Restart your computer

did it but still nothing happen and itunes help is working

You may have to do a restore, and keep the phone connected to the pc while you do it. Mine has always been connected when I jailbroke it, so that iTunes picks it up first. I don't know if it makes a difference or not

Hold down the sleep + home button until the screen goes blank. Once it does, release the sleep button, but continue to hold the home button. Should take 30-40 seconds. If you're on 1.1.1, you'll see a ipod plug, and I think a logo for itunes. This is recovery mode. Itunes should see it, and say you need to restore it. Restore it, and do all the jailbreakme steps again, just while it is connected to the PC. Like I said .. I don't know if that's why it caused a foulup for you, but it's always worked for me whilst connected.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

thanks but i like to hold off on restoring....only if it only thing i can do....is there any other way to have itunes see my phone....i just try to connect to indenpence and it cannt find the phone...anyone had this problem and fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find a solution, sans a restore. Try putting your phone into restore mode, and see if iTunes picks it up then. If it doesn't, then you may need to try a different usb port, or .. your phone may be defective.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

if i put it into restore mode can i return back to normal use or do i have to follow thur with a restore???

You call it policing the forum, I call it actually helping people with their problems. I'm always on here helping, or in the IRC channel. Just because things aren't going how you want them, don't get upset. There is no reason to make two threads, and I'm quite sure if a moderator saw it, they would close one of them down.

That being said, if you put it into restore mode, and it gets picked up by the computer, you can always hit and hold home+sleep again, shut it off, and just power it up normally. Also, since you just did a restore yesterday, that means you have like nothing on the phone. Why is it so imperative to not restore again? I've had to restore my phone several times in 2 days, due to hiccups. It happens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

no one here or around me is upset...I did restore and have brought my phone back to the state it was before it went haywire....i think this has happen to a few people who used appsnapp....and if i restore again do i have to unlock again??? or can i just patch lockdnow??

Thanks

Restore.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

Put your phone into recovery mode. Do a restore. Itunes has to recognize your device before anything else, otherwise you'll run into your issue. Put it into recovery mode, do a restore, keep it connected, do the jailbreak again, and try again. I'm sure it'll work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

I try it later on tonight when i have my share phone next to me....hopefully something will come up before i get home....any one else with so other ideas for this issue

Quote Originally Posted by denyle View Post
    Put your phone into recovery mode. Do a restore. Itunes has to recognize your device before anything else, otherwise you'll run into your issue. Put it into recovery mode, do a restore, keep it connected, do the jailbreak again, and try again. I'm sure it'll work
    can you ask when your IRC to see if they have reason why this has occured and what can be to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by denyle View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to find a solution, sans a restore. Try putting your phone into restore mode, and see if iTunes picks it up then. If it doesn't, then you may need to try a different usb port, or .. your phone may be defective.
    ok we have issue here cause i can not force into restore.....this is bad new for me.....right??? how can i make it go into restore mode??
    Last edited by JMIGUELES; 11-05-2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DON'T RESTORE YET. Everyone is so quick to just say restore.

I've had the same thing happento me both times I've unlocked my phone (1.02 and 1.1.1 respectively). What you need to do is:
    Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
    Uninstall Apple Software Update
    And then uninstall iTunes.

From there, redownload/install iTunes and it should recognize your phone right away. As I said, PLEASE try this before you do a restore and have to do the whole jailbreak process over again. I'm 99% sure it will work. Please let me know if it does.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to n1c3jack3t For This Useful Post:

JMIGUELES (11-05-2007)

I would have tried but i have restored the phone...but it that sounds right....i should have waited...dam!!!! well let other know of this method....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t View Post
    DON'T RESTORE YET. Everyone is so quick to just say restore.

I've had the same thing happento me both times I've unlocked my phone (1.02 and 1.1.1 respectively). What you need to do is:
    Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
    Uninstall Apple Software Update
    And then uninstall iTunes.

From there, redownload/install iTunes and it should recognize your phone right away. As I said, PLEASE try this before you do a restore and have to do the whole jailbreak process over again. I'm 99% sure it will work. Please let me know if it does.
    If that works, then cool. And fyi, I wasn't quick to just jump and say restore .. though a restore/jailbreak would take less time than uninstall everything, re-download, and re-install .. but cool. Whatever works to get it recognized.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    can you tell me how you got the app anysim after you jailbreakme.com, what did you use