Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to remove LOCK SLIDER

Default Is there a way to remove LOCK SLIDER
    Im wondering if there is a way to remove the famous slider to unlock the phone? I think its too much work to have to do that every time + i have to enter my pass code.. Its an awesome feature but i want to get to my phone quicker

You have to enter a passcode because you've set up your phone with a password.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prophet View Post
    Im wondering if there is a way to remove the famous slider to unlock the phone? I think its too much work to have to do that every time + i have to enter my pass code.. Its an awesome feature but i want to get to my phone quicker
    Removing that is like taking a keyguard off your phone. Everytime a button is accidentally pressed (in your pocket or wherever) the phone would turn on and not turn off (until the time specified). There goes your battery life.

I can understand why the guy would want to remove the slider function. I mean, it's such a pain in the gluteus maximus to slide a finger over the screen of the iphone.

Thanks

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why is it always that ridculous moding questions always come from users with less than 10 posts?

Because the "Search" function pwns them.

Either that, or they are of the new "I expect everything to be handed to me" generation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

Either that, or they are of the new "I expect everything to be handed to me" generation.
    Haha, that's every generation, from age 21 on down.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Don't mean to be rude or anything, but why is it always that ridculous moding questions always come from users with less than 10 posts?
    I dont really care about the slider its just annoying to have to take 3 seconds to get your phones functions..

Thanks

Yeah, then the next day you'll be back here asking how to get it back on

Haha. So true^^^

Reako

haha - why do you even want to do it in the first place? ... and no, it's not an awesome feature.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

Um, or because it's a DISCUSSION board. Not a "sticky board". So asking a question shouldn't be such a big deal.

Sorry. I mod on quite a few boards and I notice members always ragging on people for not searching. It's a DISCUSSION BOARD people. Get over it. Make your own FAQ BOARD or STICKY BOARD if it bothers you so badly.

I understand where you're coming from, N4cer, and I respect that... even though I think your defense of this kind of people is poor... at best.

Tell me then:

Discussion board or not, how many times to you feel like answering the same question over and over, because a new user is not mentally capable of, or just too lazy to use the search engine? I mean hell, if the user is mentally incompetent to use the search engine, fine. I'll be the first to help. But for them to expect answers to their questions without "lifting a finger"... well, that's just plain lazy and ignorant. I mean, how hard is it to search for "slider lock", for example?

I also get a kick out of the people that have "been on this site for a while, but I just registered" just as they have a major problem and ask one question... that's been answered before. As a blonde friend of mine would say "oh, please!"

At least try to put some effort into finding an answer to the question beore posting the same question that may have been asked by other people.

You know Sir... you are right. It is a "discussion board". However, it is not a "Hey, I'm too lazy or too stupid to look for this answer, what is it? I demand an answer now! And then I'll go away and come back to demand another answer when I have another problem."

As far as getting over it... I have nothing to get over, really. IMHO, it is you who should "get over it". After all, this IS a discussion board (as you've so eloquently put it), and we're discussing how we feel about the people in this discussion.

Cheers.

Get em fellow scholar. And if he indeed Mods on several other boards, he would learn to stay away from obvious discussions about newbies and their laziness. He would already know.

Reako

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    Um, or because it's a DISCUSSION board. Not a "sticky board". So asking a question shouldn't be such a big deal.

Sorry. I mod on quite a few boards and I notice members always ragging on people for not searching. It's a DISCUSSION BOARD people. Get over it. Make your own FAQ BOARD or STICKY BOARD if it bothers you so badly.
    One of the problems with people modding their phones is that they think anything is possible. I mean, there's tons of people asking ridiculous modding questions that would really add no function to their iphone.

So, rather than just unlocking and installing summerboard or something, they want to do everything to their phone, then once they screw it up, they're back asking for help to undo the damage they did themselves.

Anyway, sliding to unlock is a pretty cool feature, and i'm sure i'd miss it if it wasn't there.

And finally, if people spent an hour or so reading around first, they'd realise what is possible and what isn't. I don't think that's too much to ask. Iphone unlocking and modding isn't a simple process, and people should educate themselves before attempting to do something stupid
    Last edited by redcard; 11-06-2007 at 05:12 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow all bent outta shape. How sad. What do you mean, IF I MOD on other boards? Like I'd lie? Yes, I'm such a geek that I think it's cool to pretend to mod. Der der. Talk about needing to get laid! That's pathetic.

The fact is people ARE new and don't realize the difficulty. They see the cool simple jailbreaking apps and other simple mods and think there COULD be a quick fix. And actually there COULD be, so there's no harm in asking before spending time that they might not have. Most of us had at some point to learn the lesson the hard way: ask and see that nothing is THAT simple. After a few times, we see that we need to read up on it. No biggie. Don't be so uptight. Relax. It's just phone modding. Let's not be bigger geeks than that already requires, mmmkay?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

slider is just the esence of the iphone stick with it.
    dont like it throw it out the window. sliding it takes like 1sec, you cant die from it

Pull your panties off, untwist them, and then put them back on. Oh wait, those must be your mom's panties your using. EEEK.

Reako

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Pull your panties off, untwist them, and then put them back on. Oh wait, those must be your mom's panties your using. EEEK.

Reako
    Agreed. They sure got their panties in a was over my calm responses. Thanks for the backup.

Something tells me that comment was directed at you, N4... I could be wrong though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast