+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone to LCD screen

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Im new to this forum first off, so Hi, ok well my idea is to conect my iphone to my LCD screen that is mounted in my car, i waited
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iphone to LCD screen
    Im new to this forum first off, so Hi, ok well my idea is to conect my iphone to my LCD screen that is mounted in my car, i waited on a car pc and i think that if i can get a cable or a way to view the Internet on a bigger screen i will no longer need to buy a car pc, Saving me Money.

I droppped by Radio Shack and they did have a cable that allowed you to view your Videos, but you couldnt Stream the internet or YouTube.

Help---Gilbert

:bump:
    Last edited by Rowlet; 11-05-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Intrest

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not sure what kind of inputs your car lcd screen has but you can always swing by the apple store and grab the video-out cable for the iphone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to akim125 For This Useful Post:

Rowlet (11-05-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well in my car, i have the standerd ipod hook up cable with two AV ends, and on the LCD screen i have the Yellow Video RCA input, Radio Shack had a AV (head phone jack) To a RCA With Video, Left and Right ends, But my problem is that i cant surf the Internet on the LCD screen, though my iphone..
    Last edited by Rowlet; 11-05-2007 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlet View Post
    well in my car, i have the standerd ipod hook up cable with two AV ends, and on the LCD screen i have the Yellow Video RCA input, Radio Shack had a AV (head phone jack) To a RCA With Video, Left and Right ends, But my problem is that i cant surf the Internet on the LCD screen, though my iphone..
    I think the TV out is exactly for that, for watching videos only. You'd need a hack to redirect the video from the iPhone screen to your external screen. I don't think anyone has come up with one yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Rowlet (11-05-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well im pretty car smart not so much phone hacking smart hopefully some one will come up with some thing for me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When Steve Jobs does a presentation on the iPhone and it displays the whole thing, including menus on an external display, he specifically mentions that it's been modified to allow him to do that. I don't think there's any way to export the complete display. It would probably take some really heavy hacking to do so.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThinkandDrive For This Useful Post:

Rowlet (11-05-2007)