Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Christ just help me pls

Default Christ just help me pls
    Hey

been googling and wat not for hours.

I bought this iPhone unlocked with firmware 1.0.2 form the States (i am in the UK) and have been having trouble configuring it ... YES i am a newbie to this technology more of a PC guy myself

So if someone cud be so kind and explain in IDIOT terms i would appreciate it:

(1) how da hell do i get the wi-fi working ... theres some numbers i can see in general settings but i dont know wat it means ... something about mac address or something ... does this address matter if i am in the UK

(2) i presume to get YOU TUBE and other webs tuff like safari and MAPS and WEATHER i need to get the wi-fi configured??

(3) is there a help page where to install stuff ... i mean i followed where to install PDF files but i can't access it ... i installed pdf viewer and book 3 but to no avail

(4) i also converted some of my tv series and movies into MP4 and MOV format but it wont go into my iPhone ... YES i have plenty of space

(5) when i bought the iPhone it had tonnes of software on it but i can't install it ... do i have to connect to the web to install these

(6) what is EDGE and how do i configure it to work in the UK

(7) is there an IDIOT's guide on upgrading the iphone from 1.0.2 for WINDOWS to 1.1.2 (YES 1.1.2 apparently this is what the Europan iPhone will have when it is being sold in the next week) ... i bought this iphone unlocked with firmware 1.0.2

I'm sure there's tonnes of other questions but i'm too tired and cheesed off with all the suggestions of go to VAR then here then here make a new folder then put your files here ... to no avail

I even used iBrickr to transfer files but once transfer u can't find them in your iPhone

PLS HELP ME OBI-ONE -CANOBI

mate add us to msn ill try and help i have just fixed my iphone

i dnot have msn can you pls send ya answers to my email or in this forum PLEASE

i just downloaded movies in MP4 format and now it wont even recognise it... im sloowly giving up and i have read the forums in here for newbies and wat not ...

someone pls help me

Thanks

1) Click on Settings -> WiFi and turn it on. It will search for WiFi networks that are available. Click on one that does not have a lock beside it, and also has the best signal strength. Once it shows you have a connection, make sure. Click on the little blue arrow on the right-hand side of the network you're connected it. On the next page it should show an IP address, gateway address and DNS address. If it does not, you're not connected. If you want to set up your own network (your home wireless router for instance) you need to set that up first. See your manual on wireless broadcast settings.

2) YouTube, Maps and the rest will always try WiFi first. If there's no WiFi connection, they will automatically fallback on EDGE. If there's also no EDGE, you're SOL.

3) There's lots of guides on this website to do the things you want. Click on the GUIDES button to the left and browse.

4) Your movie files have to be in a format the Iphone can read, regardless of whether or not they are already in Quicktime format. Best thing to do is feed the movies into iTunes, right-click on them and select "Convert for viewing on iPod".

5) If you downloaded the software you have to connect to your phone with iBrickr. There's also guides here on how to do that.

6) EDGE is one format of GPRS (wireless internet). Click on Settings -> General -> Network -> EDGE. You can get the appropriate settings for EDGE from your carrier.

7) There's no idiot's guides. These guides are easy but should be followed to the letter. You can screw your phone pretty bad if you don't know what you're doing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justgiveittome View Post
    Hey

been googling and wat not for hours.

I bought this iPhone unlocked with firmware 1.0.2 form the States (i am in the UK) and have been having trouble configuring it ... YES i am a newbie to this technology more of a PC guy myself

So if someone cud be so kind and explain in IDIOT terms i would appreciate it:

(1) how da hell do i get the wi-fi working ... theres some numbers i can see in general settings but i dont know wat it means ... something about mac address or something ... does this address matter if i am in the UK

(2) i presume to get YOU TUBE and other webs tuff like safari and MAPS and WEATHER i need to get the wi-fi configured??

(3) is there a help page where to install stuff ... i mean i followed where to install PDF files but i can't access it ... i installed pdf viewer and book 3 but to no avail

(4) i also converted some of my tv series and movies into MP4 and MOV format but it wont go into my iPhone ... YES i have plenty of space

(5) when i bought the iPhone it had tonnes of software on it but i can't install it ... do i have to connect to the web to install these

(6) what is EDGE and how do i configure it to work in the UK

(7) is there an IDIOT's guide on upgrading the iphone from 1.0.2 for WINDOWS to 1.1.2 (YES 1.1.2 apparently this is what the Europan iPhone will have when it is being sold in the next week) ... i bought this iphone unlocked with firmware 1.0.2

I'm sure there's tonnes of other questions but i'm too tired and cheesed off with all the suggestions of go to VAR then here then here make a new folder then put your files here ... to no avail

I even used iBrickr to transfer files but once transfer u can't find them in your iPhone

PLS HELP ME OBI-ONE -CANOBI
    (2) Do you have a home wifi network?
    (4) Did you import them into itunes first?
    (6) It's like GPRS. What network are you on?
    (7) Don't even think about upgrading. Yes, there are idiot guides, but just hold off for a while until you're up to 'idiot' level

im on vodaphone pay as you go ... can someone tell me what the EDGE settings are for vodafone or are these settings different for every phone.

has that poetic guy done an idiot's guide for upgrading an unlocked iphone from 1.02 to 1.1.2 or the USA 1.1.1 ... pls supply the link