Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: To all uk iphone owners

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default To all uk iphone owners
    Just wondering how long it took for you to recieve your phone?
    how much if any where the customs and how long did they all play with it for?

I got my iPhone from ebay for 315.

The seller was based in London so I offered to collect the iphone first. I'm extremely happy with it except for one thing...it was advertised as being an unlocked 1.1.1 phone but was an unlocked 1.0.2 phone.

I haven't upgraded it yet because I'm a bit of a noob and the guides are a bit too technical.

Got mine 2 days ago, Really like it.
    Just need to get me head round some things.
    I paid roughly 170, My bro got it from hong kong..

I paid about £290 for mine from USA, Got unlucky and had to pay customs charges and at £46 plus Parcelforce charges...it didn't come cheap. but its nice to have an unlocked iphone a week before UK schedule

i payed $380 for my iphone which is 180 and then with postage it came to around 218 and then ontop of that i had to pay for customs charge which was 49 lol the dude from u.s sent it on 29th sep i recieved 9th oct

Thanks

aye it would be nice to get it early. mines currently "awaiting customs charges" bin like that for a day, just give me the charges and my phone!!!!! lol. although "released without charges" would be nice

Thanks

You're probably best to phone your courier company to make the payment

Thanks

its not been released from customs yet so courier cant do anything til it has

Thanks

Had a cousin order it in the us at the begining of september. Was in my hands within the week; another friend brought it with her when she came across. Bought mine for £200 total *dale 1, apple nil*
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

lucky ******. got a feelin customs are gona take the p*ss. they ll probably wait til it comes out here then give it me with a £100 charge o well

it took about 3 days for mine to leave customs

aye it would be nice to get it early. mines currently "awaiting customs charges" bin like that for a day, just give me the charges and my phone!!!!! lol. although "released without charges" would be nice

lucky ******. got a feelin customs are gona take the p*ss. they ll probably wait til it comes out here then give it me with a £100 charge o well

It depends who you're courier is . If it's Parcel Force on the uphill sea/biplane service you'll wait a few more days. I called the Customs office who told me what the charges were and it still took 2 days for the info to get to PF and they're in the same building!

I ended up getting them to pull it individually and deliver it to a depot so I could pick it up. It took quite a sob story though. )

Customs will charge you around £35 + a handling fee.

Richard

Thanks

how long did you wait before calling the customs office? i got express delivery option from usps and tracking it through parcel force. admittedly tomorrow will be the 5th day i think in which it should be delivered but its now the third day its "awaiting charges". I think ill see if there any movement by tomorrow if not ill give them a ring

Got mines in 2 days from Florida, No customs. Paid around £280 for it

Thanks

yay!!! released with charges

Green Apple
    Thanks

***Deleted Info***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colacao82 View Post
    ***Deleted Info***
    ???

I was in the US in August when the price dropped to $400. It was tempting - but because there was no way to sim unlock it, I didn't get one and came back to the UK. Upon hearing about iUnlock/AnySIM etc - the day after, I phoned a friend and asked her to pick up one for me from the apple store. As she lives in one of the few states that dont have sales tax - $399 means $399. I asked her to remove it from the box and just bubble wrap everything and send it in a padded envelope. She stuck a pair of socks in there too (dont ask!) and then shipped it USPS for like $18 more. Got to the UK and got dropped through the letter box - no custom charges! Oh and it helped that on the customs declaration form she just put gift and socks and said it was a $20 value!

So I got mine for £210 (phone cost plus shipping)

I seriously dont know how some of you are getting the phone at less than £200? Given that the average exchange rate is roughly £1 = $2 and that the only place you can get the iPhone is in a US apple store which would have to be bought for $399 (£200) at a minimum cost - more for states that charge sales tax means that the people who are selling you the unlocked phones are doing it at a loss or you got your exchange rates wrong?
    Last edited by Dimsum; 11-04-2007 at 01:11 PM.

Unless you got the 4gb model?

Thanks

mines gona work out bout £300 but o well there gona be 270 here and the contract so not to bothered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast