Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scratch Removal?

Default Scratch Removal?
    Hey, so I baby the hell out of my iPhone, and love to protect it. Sadly, I failed. I have a minor scratch (Invisible unless inspected for about 30 seconds to find the damned thing) and I was hoping someone had an idea on how to remove it. It's on the screen unfortunately, as apposed to the chrome (then I wouldn't care nearly as much). Does anyone have any ideas on how to maybe buffer it out?

you get some ipod scratch remover.

Do you think that will work? I mean, isn't the ipod's screen made out of acrylic, while this screen is made out of glass? I'm just very hesitant to put anything on it, without knowing it works first.

Then try buffing it out with some rubbing alcohol.

How did you scratch your screen? I have mine in my pocket and my other phone screens all scratched like crazy but I have yet to find one on the iphone.

Spend the 15 dollars and get the iphone protector sticky.

its a clear piece of plastic that sticks over the screen and has a couple strong layers. you can still use the touch screen.

If you apply it correctly you cant even tell its there, and it doesnt ruin the screen if u mess up. 2 per box

It's rather embarrassing how I scratched my screen. Basically, I was hanging inverted about 6 feet above the ground, it fell out of my pocket, and landed on the gravel. I am amazed it didn't get scratched more.

Anyway, the screen protectors sound like a worthy investment, but first I want to remove the scratch I have. I don't think rubbing alcohol will help buffer out a scratch, rather just clean it.

Anyone have other ideas?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Thanked 4,837 Times in 1,236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thewierdone2000 View Post
    Basically, I was hanging inverted about 6 feet above the ground
    Oh, of course. I knew that was it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Use that cloth that came with the phone and buff the hell outta the scratch. It should come out.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 08-01-2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: language