Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone bricked? stuck? stupid.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iphone bricked? stuck? stupid.....
    help please, my iphone will no respond to anything. it is not unlocked only jail broken. it has the first version 1.0.2. i've never tried anything else like unlock or upgrade or anything i've had it jailbroken for bout 3 months now and no problem untill now i was in the installer trying to download a raiders summer board theme. it didn't complete the download and everything began. its not responsive to anything, it has a weird time, closes and opens by itself, on the main menu it like has that little circle thingy that its updating or refreshing but just keeps flashing.
    i have done many resets by holding down the power and menu button and it'll come back but same thing happens. when it has the apple logo at start up it flashes like black and white lines. the "connect to itunes" message never comes up. have tried connecting it to itunes and to power but it doesn't connect or charge. if a call comes in it will be after the actuall call was made and the "touch" function is inoperable.
    any help, advice anything will be appreciated thanx.
    Last edited by projekt1; 11-01-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Default Try This
    You Have To Connect Your Iphone To The Wall Outlet For Power While The Phone Is In The Cradle Wait Till The Iphone Shows The Little Lightning Symbol Meaning Its Charging And Hold Down Both Buttons For Around 20 Seconds Then Let The Top Button Go And Keep Holding The Front Button Till You Get A Iphone Cord And Cd Image Saying Connect To Itunes, Keep Trying This Till It Appears Once You Have This Unplug The Usb And Put It Into Your Computer With Itunes Already Open It Will Go Into Restore Mode, Itunes May Have To Do A Software Upgrade But Just Do It And If It Needs To Restart The Computer Do That Also And It Will Complete The Restore, Worked For My Buddy Last Night . The New App Tapp Is Causing Problems And Hightymes Sources Are Another Problem, I Would Wait Awhile Before Moding Till They Sort This Out.

Good Luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

projekt1 (11-01-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You Have To Connect Your Iphone To The Wall Outlet For Power While The Phone Is In The Cradle Wait Till The Iphone Shows The Little Lightning Symbol Meaning Its Charging And Hold Down Both Buttons For Around 20 Seconds Then Let The Top Button Go And Keep Holding The Front Button Till You Get A Iphone Cord And Cd Image Saying Connect To Itunes, Keep Trying This Till It Appears Once You Have This Unplug The Usb And Put It Into Your Computer With Itunes Already Open It Will Go Into Restore Mode, Itunes May Have To Do A Software Upgrade But Just Do It And If It Needs To Restart The Computer Do That Also And It Will Complete The Restore, Worked For My Buddy Last Night . The New App Tapp Is Causing Problems And Hightymes Sources Are Another Problem, I Would Wait Awhile Before Moding Till They Sort This Out.

Good Luck
    Thanx a bunch. i will do exactly what u said with high hopes of it solving this issue. thankx again

so i did the first few steps u told me and it worked. when it was im recovery mode connected to my laptop it was looking for a driver and could not find one. it asked if i had the cd the iphone came with or to look for other options, so i choose optio 2. now it aint doint anything it said recovery mode failed. any suggestions??
    Last edited by projekt1; 11-01-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

open INdependence to kick it out of restore mode.

You need to reinstall the latest iTunes.

Default apple logo even after sync with iPhone
    i have this briked iPhone ... got it into DfU mode and did a custome restore... the iTunes now detects it and even Sync's it but the screen on the phone still shows an apple logo?!! what do i do ? i tried restoring 3 times but the same thing happens
    its just the apple logo...The phone is the 2G phone
    can u please tell me what to do?