Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Im lost can someone please help me out??

Default Im lost can someone please help me out??
    Hey guys, thanks in advance for anyone that take the time to read this. I used I brickr to put ringtones on my iPhone a while ago, I have since then deleted the ringtones. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. But I don't know if I need to revirginize my phone or not. For some reason it still shows my phones version as 1.0.1. I thought i upgraded to 1.0.2 but i guess not. I got the nerve to click the update button one day, my phone said updating phone then after about half way stopped and said connect to itunes telling me i need to restore my phone. I used ibrickr commands to get my phone to boot again. What do i need to do here? Do i need to revirginize the phone? Even tho i never unlocked the sim or anything? I've searched everywhere and can find anyone in the same situation as me. Any ideas guys? Revirginize? Restore?? Id hate to restore and loose all my stuff tho. Thanks for your time!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have never unlocked your phone ... then no you DO NOT need to revirginize your phone... just restore and update to 1.1.1 and then jailbreak for third party apps.

Enjoy

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx331 View Post
    Hey guys, thanks in advance for anyone that take the time to read this. I used I brickr to put ringtones on my iPhone a while ago, I have since then deleted the ringtones. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1. But I don't know if I need to revirginize my phone or not. For some reason it still shows my phones version as 1.0.1. I thought i upgraded to 1.0.2 but i guess not. I got the nerve to click the update button one day, my phone said updating phone then after about half way stopped and said connect to itunes telling me i need to restore my phone. I used ibrickr commands to get my phone to boot again. What do i need to do here? Do i need to revirginize the phone? Even tho i never unlocked the sim or anything? I've searched everywhere and can find anyone in the same situation as me. Any ideas guys? Revirginize? Restore?? Id hate to restore and loose all my stuff tho. Thanks for your time!

I definately have to do a restore tho? I have it working now, it just will not take the update for some reason

Thanks

If your sure you havn't unlocked your 1.0.2, then no you don't have to restore, just upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak/activate.

upgrading is my current problem, on my iTunes it says my current version is 1.0.1. When I click upgrade it gets about half way then I tunes says the update failed and then my phone gets stuck on the connect to iTunes screen, I've tried updating several times with this same result

Thanks

Well try to restore.

Turn off iPhone, then turn back on and when apple logo shows up, hold down hold+power buttons until yellow triangle comes up. Open iTunes and restore to newest version.

will that erase all my phone numbers and bookmarks etc?

Thanks

Yes it will, but you will be able to restore your settings after (everything that you normally sync will be restored, not sure about bookmarks though).

It will ask you if you want to restore from a backup after restoring.

iTunes has a copy of the phone numbers on my phone??

wow, that's awesome! Thanks for all the help guys!! I appreciate it!