Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone no reaction to usb,charge,push home/sleep

Default Iphone no reaction to usb,charge,push home/sleep
    Hello,

I have a big problem. I've got an iphone with v.1.0.2 and unlock.My friend says he has to restore the phone. After that the iphone is now complete with no reaction. I can push buttons or do the cable in it, nothing. The display is always black and no sound.

Please help me

regards Major86

I'm having the same problem with mine, except it happened after i used an iPod car charger. It worked just fine on it before i jailbroke it, but after, it would always get warm to the touch. Tonight it got so hot that it actually burnt me and now it won't turn on or anything. Oh and before this all happened, after a few minutes of sleeping, if you went to wake it, it would reboot. This only happened if it was not being charged, though. It would work fine then. Mine's still locked to AT&T by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by major86 View Post
    Hello,

I have a big problem. I've got an iphone with v.1.0.2 and unlock.My friend says he has to restore the phone. After that the iphone is now complete with no reaction. I can push buttons or do the cable in it, nothing. The display is always black and no sound.

Please help me

regards Major86
    are you a mac user? i'm not sure if this would do the trick in windows...

I had experienced that twice. What i did was i placed the iphone on the dock and reboot my mac. After i heard the boot sound of my mbp, i quickly pressed and hold the HOME button til the "Connect to iTunes" message appeared again. After that, i did the restore to 1.0.2 routine.

Try it. HTH

no I have windows. What should I do now?? I have tried with push Home and Power Button. Nothing happens. I can not charge it or so.

i just had this happen to me i was using a car charger and the phone got hot so i took it off the charger but the phone stayed hot for a long while.. Then the battery started to drain fast in about 3 hrs my phone died my friend had a charger with him at work so i asked to try it out nope no charge so im at home trying to charge the thing. I'll be makeing a trip to the apple store tomorow to see if i can get a new one this not cool at all..but till then ill leave the phone on the charger to see if it charge over night..

ok i got back from the apple store and i have a new phone .. its great i love it hope it hold out.. all i did was tell them the story and let them try to turn it on...told me a wired got shorted out...