Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
i bought a iphone from ebay and it was unlocked already. i knew i couldnt just upgrade to the firmware 1.1.1 because it would make the phone a brick so...
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM #1Please Somebody Help ME BRICKED IPHONE
i bought a iphone from ebay and it was unlocked already. i knew i couldnt just upgrade to the firmware 1.1.1 because it would make the phone a brick so i read from a guide on here how to downgrade the baseband etc. that was a success, so i then upgraded the firmware in itunes which was also a success, i then installed anysim, i dont know which version via installer.app. i clicked on anysim and clicked ok etc. then nothing happened i left it for twenty minutes and still nothing on the screen apart from anysim disclaimer. So i turned the phone off it came back on fine not allowing me to insert my vodafone simcard so then i panicked a little and found a newer version of anysim for the 1.1.1 firmware i ran it and it said it had unlocked the phone, i turned it off and back on again and now its not unlocked, so i have now downgraded back to firmware 1.2 and i am now planning on downgrading the baseband again to then upgrade back to firmware 1.1.1 and try again with the proper version of anysim.
what i would like to know please is what am i doing wrong i cant get the phone to work at all it does not even accept the at&t it says its the incorrect sim, i really dont know what to do, is what i am doing going to work if not please can someone help me also my imei number is 004999010640000 i really need it to work
Last edited by nintendolinky; 10-31-2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added new info
10-31-2007, 09:59 AM #2I bricked my phone and got it working with this method
1. Open safari, go to preferences, and turn off "open safe files after downloading".
2. Download v1.0.2 iphone firmware
3. Now this is the hard part - getting the iphone into a kind of 'quasi-restore' mode.
4. Connect the iPhone to your computer and make sure iTunes is loaded. Now hold down home button and power button for about 10 seconds until just after the screen goes black
5. Now release the power button but continue holding the home button. After about 10 seconds the computer will detect the iPhone in restore mode but the SCREEN SHOULD STILL BE BLACK. If you see the iTunes logo, you will need to try and do it again, making sure to hold home and power for 10 seconds.
6. Hold down OPTION/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button, and select the file you downloaded previously.
7. Let the restore complete and ignore the error at the end. Now your phone should show a triangle, but don't worry about it.
8. Quit iTunes
9. Download iNdependence, and copy the Independence application into your Applications folder.
10. Load independence, wait for around 15 seconds - if your phone displays an image of the earth now, just quit independence
11. Start iTunes again and wait a few seconds, your phone should now display an image of the earth and a message that says "Activate iPhone". If it doesn't, just keep quitting iTunes and restarting it again until it does. Now quit iTunes again. Now launch Activity Montitor (in Applications/Utilities), search for 'iTunes' and you should see a process called iTunes Helper. Quit this by clicking the red stop sign.
12. Now if you are on a Mac, turn on "open safe files after downloading"
13. Download the iphone firmware again - this time it should decompress into a folder called iPhone1_1_1 or similar.
14. Now load independence and activate your phone. When it asks for the location of the firmware, just point it to iPhone_1_1_1 folder. If you see error entering recovery mode, this is no problem, just quit independence and start it again, restarting from the point where the error came up.
15. Now access Youtube! This will ensure you have the necessary Youtube certificate files
16. Then click the jailbreak tab and 'Perform Jailbreak'.
17. and then click the SSH tab and install SSH/SFTP/SCP.
18. You will now need to get hold of your iphone Wi-Fi IP address. You can get this by going onto your iphone, clicking Settings >> Wi-Fi >> And clicking your network. You may need to enter your password. Once you've done this you'll be connected to your network and you will need to click the little blue arrow to the right of your network name, this will then give you your phones IP Address. MAKE A NOTE OF THIS
19. Thats the easy part over and done with! You've successfully downgraded your phone to v1.0.2 Now for the unlock part
20. Download iPhone Hacking Files to your desktop and decompress it - you should end up with a folder on your desktop called 'iphone'
21. Now load up Terminal on your mac (Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type in the following commands (press enter after EVERY LINE - not sentence). PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL HERE AND COPY AND PASTE THE COMMANDS RATHER THAN TRYING TO TYPE EACH ONE - IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING THIS PLEASE SEND THE PHONE TO US. Replace '192.168.2.62' in each statement with the IP address of your phone which you obtained earlier on. When prompted for a password, type in 'dottie'
22. cd ~/Desktop/iphone (PRESS return)
23. scp lockdownd [email protected]:/usr/libexec (PRESS return)
24. When it mentions the authenticity of the host, type 'yes' and then hit return. When it prompts you for a password (will take a few seconds) just enter 'dottie'. It won't appear as if you're typing anything - don't worry this is just so that if someone is peeking over your shoulder it won't display the password.
25. scp ABPhoneFormats.plist [email protected]:/System/Library/Fr...essBookUI.framework/ (PRESS return)
26. scp AppSupport [email protected]:/System/Library/Fr...ppSupport.framework (PRESS return)
29. scp bin/mkdir bin/ls [email protected]:/bin (PRESS return)
30. Now lets connect to your phone and create a folder to put all the unlock tools:
31. ssh [email protected] (PRESS return)
32. mkdir /unlock (PRESS return)
33. exit (PRESS return)
34. You are now disconnected from your phone, lets copy some more files from your computer:
35. scp ICE* ieraser bbupdater secpack iUnlock_Reloaded/* [email protected]:/unlock (PRESS return)
36. ssh [email protected] (PRESS return)
37. cd /unlock (PRESS return)
38. launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter (PRESS return)
39. ./bbupdater -v (PRESS return)
40. ./ieraser (PRESS return)
41. This will take a while. Your modem firmware has now been erased. So lets load on the right version:
42. ./bbupdater -v (PRESS return)
43. ./bbupdater -e *.eep -f *.fls (PRESS return)
44. This command will take a while, wait for it to finish.
45. ./bbupdater -v (PRESS return)
46. ./iUnlock_reloaded (PRESS return)
47. iUnlock_reloaded should come up with the following text:
48. Stopping Commcenter
49. Sending baudrate command speed 921600
50. Dumping NOR to /tmp/nor.bin
53. If it hangs on 'No Such Process' for more than 10 seconds without displaying the percentage progress metre then you will need to restart your phone by holding down the sleep button for a few seconds, power off and then power on again. You will be automatically disconnected from the phone. So now wait for your phone to boot back up and type in
54. ssh [email protected]
55. again in the terminal window to connect to the phone and type in
56. cd /unlock
58. and repeat this process until you get a progress metre in percentage terms. If you keep getting problems and it keeps hanging then you will need to send the phone in to us.
59. iUnlock_reloaded will take a while to run, and at the end should come up with a status. Usually the first time you run it will come up with an error:
60. Resetting baseband
62. Testing unlock status...
63. ==> Still locked
64. Restarting Commcenter
65. The Flash succeeded but the unlocked failed
66. If the phone comes up with still locked, type in the following, otherwise if it says 'Complete Enjoy!' thats it, you're unlocked. Stop reading these instructions and go play with your phone!
67. launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (PRESS return)
68. ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (PRESS return)
69. launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (PRESS return)
70. ./iUnlock_reloaded (PRESS return)
71. Once the iUnlock_reloaded command comes up with:
72. Testing unlock status...
73. ==> Unlocked!
74. Restarting Commcenter
77. You are good to go!
78. Remember - don't update your phone in iTunes to v1.1.1! Always choose cancel when it asks you to update.
79. We will have updates to our software to enable you to upgrade to v1.1.1, but not right at this minute.
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM #3
do you have the website where i can get the files from that are needed to perform this please
10-31-2007, 10:53 AM #4
if you use elites revirgin method to get the baseband back to where it sees your correct IMEI number, you can update to 1.1.1 and I believe the newest anySIM will work to unlock it once updated.
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM #5
can someone give me a link to the elite page that will unbrick my iphone please and give me back my correct imei number
Last edited by nintendolinky; 10-31-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM #6
11-02-2007, 08:39 AM #7
yeah that didnt help me please help
11-02-2007, 09:10 AM #8
Step 1 for hacking the iPhone:
Jailbreaking, activation, AppSnapp Installer, and anySIM unlocking
Idiot Proof Guide to Virginize ur iPhone
11-03-2007, 01:04 AM #9
I need some answers and i really hope you can collaborate with me, i will be deeply appreciated. Thank you!!!
Here are my questions:
A). where can i download all the programs that you are talking about? for example where you said about downloading the "hacking iphone files" and then once i download it and unzip it you said i would get an iphone file "After". And then use terminal and use the Iphone file. where can i download this File?
Another thing i did all what you said, except i used apptapp to jailbreak the iphone and to activate it i used independence. does this screws up the verginizing process that you used? or its the same thing?
Please if you can answer me as soon as you can!