Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just got Wireless Router...need Wi-Fi Help!!!

Default Just got Wireless Router...need Wi-Fi Help!!!
    Hi, I just got a wireless router and installed it...and encrypted it using 128-bit WEP or something...and put the WEP code as 0123456789. I am able to use my iPhone to connect to the router (it shows its connected and theres the wifi bars at the top of the screen), but when i try to access the internet using Safari or any other app...it says "Server cannot be found". Is the something i have to do with my iphone, i.e. sync it with the router?

Thanks for your help!

is your isp dsl, cable modem, fios or what...if it is a cable modem you need to clone your mac address setting on your router for it to split the signal

sounds like you got a cheap/old or broken router.

1 most routers use wpa (iPhone likes wpa)
    2 wep has 2 modes , password or hex key... which are you using?
    3 wep is a fake security, as it's easy to hack

post the make & model of the router... someone might have the same router.

I have an apple airport extreme. I couldn't be happier!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I dont know much about wireless routers....but heres what the page says:

Mode: AP
    Encryption: WEP 64bits

Theres not too much else I know...but I can set the mode of the router to either "Gateway","Bridge", or "Wireless ISP". Its currently set to Gateway.

I'm pretty sure the WEP is in Hex mode (10 characters)

Theres a sections called "Access Control" where you can type in a MAC address and put it on the allow list, where can i find the MAC address of my iphone?

Is this enough info for anyone to help me? Thanks!

no brand?
    did you pay more than 10 bucks for it??

try using it without wep.

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Ok, i found the box and its called "Wireless-G Broadband Router" and the brand is "Gigafast"...my dad kinda gave it to me so idk if this is a really crappy router or what.

If i use it without WEP, doesnt that mean anyone can have access to my internet/computer?

I guess gigafast is a cheapo brand.

I would turn off all encryption first.

see if you get ANYTHING, add wep later on *or* use "MAC ADDRESS Access Control"

long ago I had an off-brand router... very little more than windows 98 worked with it!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by ederoo View Post
    Hi, I just got a wireless router and installed it...and encrypted it using 128-bit WEP or something...and put the WEP code as 0123456789. I am able to use my iPhone to connect to the router (it shows its connected and theres the wifi bars at the top of the screen), but when i try to access the internet using Safari or any other app...it says "Server cannot be found". Is the something i have to do with my iphone, i.e. sync it with the router?

Thanks for your help!
    hey hi
    Theres a sections called "Access Control" where you can type in a MAC address and put it on the allow list, where can i find the MAC address of my iphone?