Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VIRGINIZING...Does it really restore to out of box state???

Unhappy VIRGINIZING...Does it really restore to out of box state???
    My iphone has been bricked before...virginized...restored to 1.0.2. and then i tried the new jailbreakme.com method... updated to 1.1.1 and used that method and works good. Now, the reason i virginized is so I could use IPSF. Ok..i have had trouble with that software and it never unlocks. I contacted the reseller and they said that my IMEI is not in a normal status (whatever that means) so its not working right now...and it may not ever work because my phone might be damaged now. They asked me if my phone was bricked and they said that even though i virginized...my phone may still be damaged. Is this true???...or is this just something they said to promote their product and keep people away from using anysim/iunlock?? even though my phone was bricked previously...after downgrading and stuff..i havent had any issues with my phone. I thought virginizing meant to completely restore phone just like it was brand new out of the box???

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

What method did you use to virginize?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I virginized using the iphone elite dev team method found here http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...irginizingTool