+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't hear other person when making calls....please help!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, When i try making calls/receiving calls on my iPhone and answer them, i can barely even hear the person on the other side....its very very faint and in a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't hear other person when making calls....please help!!
    Hi, When i try making calls/receiving calls on my iPhone and answer them, i can barely even hear the person on the other side....its very very faint and in a noisy environment it would be impossible to hear them. I turned the volume up and everything and still its soooo quiet. When i try making calls using my earphones/mouthpiece, it works fine...but when i try making calls with just the phone, its so quiet. Has anyone else ever had this problem? or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks

Is it jailbroken? Try restore, if that doesn't work, it may be a hardware issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure its jailbroken (I have the installer App on my phone)....but i'm pretty skeptical about doing any sort of restoring because i dont have any warranty on the phone or anything and if something messes up I dont know what to do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Restore. This is a common issue. Very common if you used ziphone to do your unlock / jailbreak. Put it in recovery mode and let itunes put the firmware back on. then run your tool again. Happened to me. Its no big deal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

before u do all that u should reset to factory settings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey juz remove the screen protection.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johndxb For This Useful Post:

aremert (02-19-2011), ederoo (04-25-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To BloodSpatter: I personally did not jailbreak/unlock my iphone so I dont know what program was used....is there an instructional page on how to restore your phone/put it in safe mode/reset to factory settings?

To johndxb: The screen protection is still on my phone...but i dont know how big of a difference it could make seeing as its only a very thin film of plastic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    big difference. I had the same problem remove the screen protection, and then from the installer install vol boost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sufirao For This Useful Post:

ederoo (04-25-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Earpiece Volume problems
    I agree with the previous poster, I had the exact same problem, finally realised the proctective film was doing an excellent job but also blocking out the volume in the slit at the top of the iphone.
    The film is quite strong and does an excellent job in protecting the screen but obviously blocks sound.
    I was reluctant to remove it so I used a small sharp blade and pierced the opening at the earpiece.
    Hey Presto!! Crystal clear sound and I still have the benefit of a screen protector.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to N5LMD For This Useful Post:

ederoo (04-25-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to everyone who helped me!! (I "Thanked" all of you guys too!!).....it turns out it was the factory film after all...i didnt want to remove it since it was providing protection for the phone, but at the same time i didnt suspect it as being thick/strong enough to block out sound.

My Solution: I put my iphone under a dissecting microscope and using a surgical blade carefully cut out a neat little hole on the earpiece and it works fine now!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Jailbreak
    Jailbreak is as the name implies is the program that allows you to really have fun with your iphone,and best of all its free and a doddle to use.
    go to www.ziphone.org and take it from there.
    If you think your iphone is fun wait till his program "Jailbreaks" it for you and installs his "installer" icon on your phone.
    When you click on this icon it opens up an endless amount of programs for the iphone and ipod to really start enjoying its capabilities.
    You name it its on it.
    If you're not confident about installing the program go onto Youtube and there are several contributors who talk you through the process of installing Ziphone program.Just pause the video on YouTube til you get it working.
    Its a Godsend to have on your PC as you can hook up your iPhone to the PC via the usual cable and then Ziphone does its magic.
    It doesn't affect the phone and the program is reversible should you have to return the iphone to Apple under warranty.
    Once installed on your desktop all unlocking ,jailbreaking is "one click" away in a simple clear program.
    Last edited by N5LMD; 04-25-2008 at 07:26 PM.