+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thinking of purchasing iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i was just thinking of getting the iphone and wanted to get peoples opinions on it.. how it works and all.. is it really worth the money.. are you able
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Thinking of purchasing iPhone
    i was just thinking of getting the iphone and wanted to get peoples opinions on it.. how it works and all.. is it really worth the money.. are you able load lots of apps?? fun/good games when i get bored also.. what all can u truley do with it.. is it that good?? some nice feedback would be much appreciated.. thx.. sorry i posted this in wrong section..
    Last edited by XUSCBallx; 10-29-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: I posted in wrong section..

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XUSCBallx View Post
    i was just thinking of getting the iphone and wanted to get peoples opinions on it.. how it works and all.. is it really worth the money.. are you able load lots of apps?? fun/good games when i get bored also.. what all can u truley do with it.. is it that good?? some nice feedback would be much appreciated.. thx.. sorry i posted this in wrong section..
    how it works: it works like any other cell phone, except its touch screen and has the best designed interface on the market today, think imac that is a phone.

is it worth the money: i think anyone on this board will tell you that it is worth the money, we are a little bias, but.. if you want the best cellphone on the market today, you need to pay for it, and honestly ive paid MUCH more for cellphones that havent been as dominating in the market as this one.

apps: yes, i wouldnt say a LOT, because most you wont use, but there are new apps being created weekly, so theres always something new.

fun/good games: there arent a lot of games out yet, mainly productivity and network type apps. there are a handful though. not VALUE or EA type games, but I can forsee the games coming.

what can you do with it: everything it says on their webpage and more, if you include the apps that people have built for it. IM/IRC/TERMINAL/APACHE etc. and again, new stuff are being developed every day.

is it really that good: see above.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

XUSCBallx (10-29-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My personal opinion is to pass on the iPhone if you plan on installing lots of third-party apps and things not listed currently on the iPhone package.

The reason is Apple is treating their customers who wish to do this with disdain and downright stupid policies.

Don't get me wrong. I really like my iPhone, but I'm sick of the way Apple has been treating some of their longtime supporters. "Think Different" indeed.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

Green Apple
    Thanks

thx for the help.. more info from any1 would be much appreciated.. another thing is where is this summerboard thing cause im beginning to like these themes and things where can i find this..and is there a place to request a theme??

Thanks

We have a board that you can request themes. Summerboard is a program that if you use the guide in my sig, it will give you an app called installer app on your iphone, with installer app it basically allows you to install almost any developed app for the iphone, this would include summerboard. All of this can be done without touching your computer
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Reviewed Apps:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

XUSCBallx (10-29-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thx alot.. if i have any problems when i get my phone or anything would it be ok to contact you via AIM? it still might be like a month or 2 though also where is this theme request board?? ive seen like icons and stuff.. but is there a whole theme section?
    Last edited by XUSCBallx; 10-29-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: for more explanation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XUSCBallx View Post
    thx alot.. if i have any problems when i get my phone or anything would it be ok to contact you via AIM? it still might be like a month or 2 though also where is this theme request board?? ive seen like icons and stuff.. but is there a whole theme section?
    Im not on AIM much, but the boards are a great place to get answers, Iam not by far a guru compared to other moderators as well as some members. I think the community would be a much faster and better source for answering questions. If you do see me on though, feel free to send me a msg.

the board:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

you can also look at the download section for more of our themes made by the great MMi community
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Reviewed Apps:

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok thanks im just tryin to find info and everything would it be fine to do this installs of summer board and such like that.. cause im seeing alot of people having problems.. and with me spending so much money on this phone i dont want it to not work and give me problems can you all tell me some of the safe items to choose.. all i want is basically be able to add themes and games and such but still be able to sync to itunes would this be safe?? recommendations much appreciated..