+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Replacement Options?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had a door handle slam into my phone last night, and shattered my screen (yeah... I know... ouch). Where do I go from here? I talked to AT&T, they
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen Replacement Options?
    I had a door handle slam into my phone last night, and shattered my screen (yeah... I know... ouch). Where do I go from here? I talked to AT&T, they said SOL... and Apple said almost the same thing, but they'll fix it for 250$ (8GB). I have insurance on the phone (privately, not AT&T) and its going to be paid for in full (the amount I paid) so I'm in the clear and not out money, but now I have 2 phones for the price of none (first one was free).

So what are my options for a new screen? DIY? Apple fix it

Found this: http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-comp...er-p-1863.html Good deal?

Thanks for the help

Banned
    Thanks

Installing the screen is one of the HARDEST things to do comming from a guy who is a pro at soldering/repairs etc..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Insurance
    yea I have dead spots on my screen and also have a small edent ion the back of it the screen thing is trippin wasen't caused by the drop two seperate occasions what didi you tell your insurance company to get them to replace it

iPhone? More like MyPhone bchilton9's Avatar
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll let you know tomorrow... it will be covered though, I have my ways... but it might be stolen or lost... but its covered...

the screen isn't plugs? its soldiered? that sucks... from what I was seeing it almost looked like some style of plugs.