Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to backup contacts on iphone in windows xp?

Default How to backup contacts on iphone in windows xp?
    I am about to jailbreak my 1.1.1 how can I backup my contacts on 1.1.1?

I know you can via iTunes, and syncing but I read that many people still lost the contacts.

Thanks in advance

The way that I backup my contacts is by setting it up with my Outlook 2003. But before you do that, make sure that you have at least one contact in Outlook so that it is recognized and doesn't just wipe out your contacts.

I dont really use office, but how do i export my contacts form iphone to pc?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I just use Windows Address Book. It's worked perfectly for me everytime, and comes with Windows XP. It should be selectable from the list in iTunes. To open it, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Address Book or just execute "wab" in the Windows Run box (Win + R; Start > Run).

How would I reupload them to phone again?

ok i tried to use WAB i do import > click on iphone, but it displays no WAB files...how did you backup?
    Last edited by woox; 10-28-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

in the iPhone options in iTunes it has a place to sync contacts and a list of what programs ou can sync them with.

check the box then chose the program and every time you sync your iPhone with iTunes it will sync the contacts.

also when you do the upgrade iTunes will make a backup of all your settings, contacts, sms, ect and will put them all back on your iPhone

ok.. i recently synced my contacts to windwos adress book and the problem i got is that on my iPhone in couple contacts i had like 4 emails and 4 phone numbers for each. SO after i sycned to adress book, only one email and one phone # has been sycned to adress book. So next time when i synced with adress book i had only one email and one phone number for that contact on my iPHone where i used to have several emails and contacts... anyone has problem with that?

I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003, and all you have to do is make one contact like a fake one, in iTunes sync your contacts with Outlook, sync it, putting your iphone contacts onto Outlook and your Outlook contacts also on the phone, then just delete that random contact, and you are good to go...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

minitrk (04-05-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

it seems that people are not understanding the question....i have never used windows address book, or outlook express for anything...i want to save my contacts from my address book on my phone onto my computer so i can reload them back into my phone later. how do i do this? when i "sync" my iphone using windows it doesnt do anything..it seems as if it is trying to add contacts to my phone instead of to the computer....is there actually a way to save your data from your phone to your windows computer? i hope this hasn't been answered already but i have been reading and reading on this topic with no luck so far...thanks!
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Quote Originally Posted by dontevenfucwitme View Post
    it seems that people are not understanding the question....i have never used windows address book, or outlook express for anything...i want to save my contacts from my address book on my phone onto my computer so i can reload them back into my phone later. how do i do this? when i "sync" my iphone using windows it doesnt do anything..it seems as if it is trying to add contacts to my phone instead of to the computer....is there actually a way to save your data from your phone to your windows computer? i hope this hasn't been answered already but i have been reading and reading on this topic with no luck so far...thanks!
    yes they understand but are offering you alternative ways (which is good to know)
    anyway, here is a link in dis forum:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....=Manual+Backup

so, you could had simply searched with this 2 keywords: Manual + Backup 8)
    I dont know differencies between 1.1.3 and other FWs, so scan carefully where those files are. i suggest you to make a test (before you up/downgrade your iPhone OS) also to verify dat those are "da filez". (backup -> delete_original -> feel the missing -> replace_with_backuped -> and enjoy the turning back)

gud lak

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zheleznov For This Useful Post:

dontevenfucwitme (02-09-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

nice...thanks....it seems that it would just be a lot easier if i had that macbook i have been dreaming of....lol then again if i had kept saving my money for the macbook i wouldnt have an iphone right now...thanks again
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

You can use (on Windows) the new translated Iphone PC Suite
    Not working for me, but maybe for you...

http://195.122.131.17/files/91902991...0.2.1.rar.html

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelen View Post
    You can use (on Windows) the new translated Iphone PC Suite
    Not working for me, but maybe for you...

http://195.122.131.17/files/91902991...0.2.1.rar.html
    The reason it's not working for you could be to do with your version of iPhone. Which firmware are you on?

If you are on 1.1.3 you'll need to download the patch which solves the problem. The patch could be found on this source: http://iphone4.tw/unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003, and all you have to do is make one contact like a fake one, in iTunes sync your contacts with Outlook, sync it, putting your iphone contacts onto Outlook and your Outlook contacts also on the phone, then just delete that random contact, and you are good to go...
    Im going to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 and have the same problem: want a backup from my contacts!

Is this actualy WORKED for you? I mean, creating one fake user in Outlook and sincronized with iTunes? I was afraid I was about to loose my contacts in my iPhone...

Other Question: It backups up the photo contacts too???
    Last edited by Ariel; 04-07-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks

I have the pc Suite and iPhone v1.1.4

The GUI looks nice, and just made it work today. To bad some stuff is in Chinese. The backup does work and you will see where does it keep the backup when you click on restore.
    Mine is: CTest\iPhone suite\Restore\2008-06-18-test

Quote Originally Posted by dontevenfucwitme View Post
    I am with you 100%
    I don't use Outlook or WAB (this is 2008 - use TheBat)

Give the PC suite a go.

Cheers,
    Last edited by AXN; 06-18-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: more info

When you plug your device into your computer and open iTunes it will bring it up in the initial set-up and ask you what you want to sync with in drop down menus. If you have already done your initial setup I believe you can specify by clicking your device and in the 2nd tab it shows the email accounts, contacts, calendars, etc that are syncing and you can specify there. Forgive me, just going off of memory, I don't have iTunes on my main work computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to backup contacts from iPhone to Computer
    Last edited by billhugo; 02-03-2013 at 08:05 AM.