Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring a 1.1.1 Unlocked iPhone

Default Restoring a 1.1.1 Unlocked iPhone
    I had an Unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone up until yesterday. Followed the guides in the wiki and successfully virginized and updated the phone to 1.1.1. Also successfully unlocked it using AnySIM 1.1.

After the unlock everything worked perfectly. Since then though (installing and uninstalling apps etc) I have been getting a lot of random crashes and it's getting worse. Is it safe to restore the phone using the 1.1.1 firmware like it was restoring the 1.0.2? (when my phone was 1.0.2 restoring didn't effect the unlock, I just had to re-jailbreak) Or do I need to restore it to 1.0.2 and do the whole virginizing process all over again?

Thanks in advance.

I'd prefer to not have to do the whole unlocking process again. If anyone can recommend another way to clean out the phone and get it running smoothly again I would also appreciate that advice.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by xhale View Post
    I had an Unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone up until yesterday. Followed the guides in the wiki and successfully virginized and updated the phone to 1.1.1. Also successfully unlocked it using AnySIM 1.1.

After the unlock everything worked perfectly. Since then though (installing and uninstalling apps etc) I have been getting a lot of random crashes and it's getting worse. Is it safe to restore the phone using the 1.1.1 firmware like it was restoring the 1.0.2? (when my phone was 1.0.2 restoring didn't effect the unlock, I just had to re-jailbreak) Or do I need to restore it to 1.0.2 and do the whole virginizing process all over again?

Thanks in advance.

I'd prefer to not have to do the whole unlocking process again. If anyone can recommend another way to clean out the phone and get it running smoothly again I would also appreciate that advice.
    bump....

i'm in the same boot and wondering the same thing....

although i don't mind starting the whole process again (revirginizing, etc...) but i just want to make sure it's safe...

thx

I tried this and ended up with a locked/jailed phone - had to downgrade to 1.0.2 - prepare for jailbreak - upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak/unlock.

After restoring 1.1.1 you need to activate and jailbreak the phone (by the tiff exploit), but it will be still unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamillo View Post
    After restoring 1.1.1 you need to activate and jailbreak the phone (by the tiff exploit), but it will be still unlocked.
    Hey thanks a lot! After doing more reading and trying stuff out it turns out my iPhone just doesn't like SummerBoard (not unlike a lot of other users on here). So I just uninstalled it for now.

Thanks again though, useful information none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by xhale View Post
    Hey thanks a lot! After doing more reading and trying stuff out it turns out my iPhone just doesn't like SummerBoard (not unlike a lot of other users on here). So I just uninstalled it for now.

Thanks again though, useful information none the less.
    Joining the club Restoring now
    It boots -slooooooowly- and then locks. Then resets itself and keeps on cycling. ffs
    iPhone 8GB (updated to 1.1.1)
    Belgium // Proximus - Belgacom Mobile

Please use the thank button if a post or reply helped you.