Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Dock / Video Output (need help)

Default Iphone Dock / Video Output (need help)
    Okay, I'm new to the forum, so what's up!

I have a custom Ipod Dock in my vehicle, and also one in my home. The dock is simple, rca cables, a power source, and I can play my videos from my Ipod on my home TV, or vehicle monitor (multi-media system). However, I want to be able to dock my Iphone, and output the videos from it as well. I've already done some trouble-shooting with no luck. Has anyone used the newest universal Ipod dock from Apple (you can dock any generation Ipod as well as the Iphone)?

I thought it might be a problem with the video settings on the Iphone, however, I went through and checked it out. In the "video out" portion of the settings it only allows you to change your TV signal from NTSC to PAL. I don't even understand each of these settings, but I've tried them both with no positive results? Does anyone out there have any advice, or tips? My ultimate goal is to play my videos from my Iphone on an external TV monitor.

Thanks

you might have to use the line out om the dock....i have one to and had to re wire line out av wires to my multimedia brain for my pioneer.

did it play the videos from your Iphone on your screen?