Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when is safe to upgrade back to 1.1.1

Default when is safe to upgrade back to 1.1.1
    here is another stupid q. from me
    I already unlocked 3 iphones and I'm very proud of myself , but I didn't find any info about when its safe to upgrade back to 1.1.1.
    I am with windows, phones are unlocked, work with tmobile with no problems. So should I upgrade now to 1.1.1 with itunes or some other application, and after that do I need to do anything else. I'm just afraid to go any further since the phones finally work.

Thanks again for the great forum.

If you go to 1.1.1 you will need to start all over with jailbreak etc. If you don't mind re-modding all those phones, then by all means do it.

It's safe now.

You will need to Virginise what I presume is your 1.0.2 phone.

Then you use the latest Independence for Mac (not sure of Windows version) to prepare your phone for an iTunes upgrade.

Then upgrade using iTunes, jailbreak, activate, unlock e.t.c as you previously have.

All the guides and info are on here somewhere, just not sure exactly where

I guess I wasnt clear enough. My phone was 1.1.1 when I bought it, I downgraded it, jailbroke it, activated it, payd $60, unlocked it. So from that point can I upgrade back to 1.1.1 or the phone will get bricked? I thought that with simfree1.6 the phone can be upgrade again to 1.1.1 and it will still work. Am I right?