Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not recognized by Mac or PC after 1.1.1 unlock

Default iPhone not recognized by Mac or PC after 1.1.1 unlock
    I can't say for certain whether this is a result of following the virginize update on this website, but my iPhone is no longer mounting on my mac(s) or within Parallels.

It's really odd. I completed the virginize process successfully yesterday (Thurs) and successfully upgraded to 1.1.1 and then unlocked. Sync was working fine within iTunes too.

Then today when I set my iPhone in the charging cradle - nothing. I have tried different USB cables, I have tried connecting it to different Macs, I have reset all of my options under the General Reset tab on the iPhone, etc., and it just does not show up.

I HAVE been successful at plugging my iPhone into the wall and recharging it - that part works. But any USB connection to my Macs fail.

I would be indebted to anyone that could offer any suggestions as to how to give my iPhone a good enema. I'm very afraid that something is wrong from a hardware perspective, and therefore, I'd be out of luck trying to return it to an Apple Store (on account of unlock). It's kind of hard to virginize the phone if I can't connect via USB.

All other features of the phone work fine.

Help me mod community! You're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    I can't say for certain whether this is a result of following the virginize update on this website, but my iPhone is no longer mounting on my mac(s) or within Parallels.

It's really odd. I completed the virginize process successfully yesterday (Thurs) and successfully upgraded to 1.1.1 and then unlocked. Sync was working fine within iTunes too.

Then today when I set my iPhone in the charging cradle - nothing. I have tried different USB cables, I have tried connecting it to different Macs, I have reset all of my options under the General Reset tab on the iPhone, etc., and it just does not show up.

I HAVE been successful at plugging my iPhone into the wall and recharging it - that part works. But any USB connection to my Macs fail.

I would be indebted to anyone that could offer any suggestions as to how to give my iPhone a good enema. I'm very afraid that something is wrong from a hardware perspective, and therefore, I'd be out of luck trying to return it to an Apple Store (on account of unlock). It's kind of hard to virginize the phone if I can't connect via USB.

All other features of the phone work fine.

Help me mod community! You're my only hope!
    Why don't you try to bring the phone to restore mode, then reboot. Or just restore it again and do the whole process over again. I'm sure that will fix it.
    Good luck .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mikefrombg For This Useful Post:

astroboy (10-26-2007)

Sorry for sounding like such a noob, but how do I Restore the iPhone if I can't connect to my Mac? Is there a way to do it just on the iPhone itself?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Connect in restore mode (hold down Sleep and Home for about 25 seconds).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

astroboy (10-26-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Sorry for sounding like such a noob, but how do I Restore the iPhone if I can't connect to my Mac? Is there a way to do it just on the iPhone itself?

Hold down the turn off button and the home button together as long as u get the restore picture on your phone (no matter if its connected with cable or not)
    it takes about 20-30secs
    If the picture is yellow triangle then you are running a 1.0.2 if its a cable with itunes logo on the top - it is v1.1.1 no matter what v it is you should be able to get connection in restore mode with itunes.
    Try it out.
    Last edited by mikefrombg; 10-26-2007 at 05:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mikefrombg For This Useful Post:

astroboy (10-26-2007)

Hey astroboy - I had the same issue as you - drove me crazy! Here's the post I made to show what I did to fix the problem: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=11

Try reading the thread too, just to make sure that it's the same problem.

Good luck!

kokanee

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kokanee For This Useful Post:

astroboy (10-26-2007)

Hold down the turn off button and the home button together as long as u get the restore picture on your phone (no matter if its connected with cable or not)
    it takes about 20-30secs
    If the picture is yellow triangle then you are running a 1.0.2 if its a cable with itunes logo on the top - it is v1.1.1 no matter what v it is you should be able to get connection in restore mode with itunes.
    Yep, thanks guys. You'd have thought that for all the reading I've done on the Boards that I would have come across the Restore option before! I'm indebted to you all. I pretty much figured that I had a hardware problem and that was that.

Just fyi, the only way it went into recovery mode was when I had it connected via USB to my Mac first and held the Home and Sleep button for 30-secs.

Again, thank to all of you and the admins of this board.

Vivre le modmyi.com!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to astroboy For This Useful Post:

HappycoreDJ (06-20-2008)

Last edited by johnpaulmedina; 10-27-2007 at 04:08 AM. Reason: ..

can you help me plss... my iphone has a problem then i decided to have it restore using itunes... after that evrything is gone. my iphone doesnt recognize my sim card anymore... Even my itunes... itunes cant recognize my iphone... plsss help... i did evrything but still it wont work... then my iphone screen says "ACTIVATE IPHONE" connect to itunes... but how can i connect it if the itunes wont recognize it at all... Then whenevr i open my itunes, itunes say "The software required for iphone is not installed. Run the itunes installer to remove itunes. then Install it again..." plsss help