+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems to install some apps AND youtube, maps etc TOO SLOW

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, i have activated and unlocked my (second) iphone ser.no 7S730... (updated from 1.0.0. to 1.0.2) with AppTapp, Paycay, installer.pxl & iBrickr. result: generally everything works. BUT ... 1) iBrickr
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default problems to install some apps AND youtube, maps etc TOO SLOW
    hi,

i have activated and unlocked my (second) iphone ser.no 7S730... (updated from 1.0.0. to 1.0.2) with AppTapp, Paycay, installer.pxl & iBrickr.

result: generally everything works.

BUT ...

1) iBrickr let's me install only a very few of its applications. most of time iBrickr says "Install complete. Your application has been sent to the PXL daemon on your iPhone. Please allow up to 30 seconds for the install to finish - your phone will soft-restart when it's complete.", but it doesnt restart and the application icon doesnt appear in the main menue. for example IM Apollo v1.0.2 doesnt work but Ants v1.2.0 does. in the error report i always find a "Could not enable SSL". do you think there is something missing in my phone?

2) stocks, youtube and maps does work but is much too slow. feels like if i would surf with 50% paket loss. my other iphone is much more reliable and much faster. do you think there is something wrong with my wifi settings?

3) last problem is with the installer icon in the main menu. there's a litte '1' in the upper right corner of the icon (very small red circle). what does this mean?

thanks for any support!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had a smilar problem with the WiFi being very slow and dropping out all the time.

I tried everything on the phone but nothing worked. In the end I randomly tried different router settings and found that if I turned Channel assignment from Automatic to manual it worked fine (I used channel 7).

I also turned off Multicast which may or may not be an option with your router.