+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple stores wont accept cash any more but..

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok, so the apple stores in my area refused accepting cash, and I guess thats since the beginning of the week because i saw people buying them with cash last
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apple stores wont accept cash any more but..
    ok, so the apple stores in my area refused accepting cash, and I guess thats since the beginning of the week because i saw people buying them with cash last week. By the way I was even banned from one of the stores just because before i bought one I just asked if I can take a look of the box. Right after the guy said "well just because of that question, no iphone for you and you are not welcome in our store..?????
    I don't know who trains this robots in the stores but they are acting like immigration or FBI or whatever )).

Anyways, here is my way out of that little issue. I have an AMEX business (simply cash) credit card (anyone can apply for it). It is wonderful card that has no fees, cashback at the end of the month and the best part of it is that you can add as many employee card holders as you want . The new employee card arrives in 1 day and you define the credit limit. So here I am i just issued an additional CC on the name of my roommate and sent him to the store to buy 2 (thats the limit per person here). Right after i canceled his card. I could repeat that with all my trusted friends if I need more iphones.

Just my silly idea that works perfect so far .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Merchants (in your case Apple store) are under no legal obligation to accept cash for any transaction.

Creditors on the other hand are required to accept cash.

just in case anyone has questions on the legality of american legal tender.

Now back on topic: I've purchased iPhones and other apple products with cash at an Apple store with no problem, its a surprise that they would refuse to take your money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h3lpmedic View Post
    Merchants (in your case Apple store) are under no legal obligation to accept cash for any transaction.

Creditors on the other hand are required to accept cash.

just in case anyone has questions on the legality of american legal tender.

Now back on topic: I've purchased iPhones and other apple products with cash at an Apple store with no problem, its a surprise that they would refuse to take your money.
    Yep, it is ridicules that someone comes up with load of cash or just want to spend couple grands for 4-5 iphones and apple guys are acting like he wants to rob them?? absolute against to any trade/market logic. but I guess they are trying their best to lower the amount of unlocked iphones.
    btw I'm referring to aventura/ft. lauderdale (Florida) area where the volume of purchased iphones is very high.

Thanks

It may also be a trend on Apple's part to reduce sales to non-Americans. When I was in Canada I used to "test" DirecTV. No store - Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. - accepted cash so that
    [1] new subscribers were automatically billed on CC and
    [2] Canadians and other non-Americans were easily identified and refused the sale.

Sometimes they even demanded ID like driver's licence if they were not familiar with the CC.

Since the iPhone is not authorized for use outside the US right now, the philosophy may be similar.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikefrombg View Post
    Yep, it is ridicules that someone comes up with load of cash or just want to spend couple grands for 4-5 iphones and apple guys are acting like he wants to rob them?? absolute against to any trade/market logic. but I guess they are trying their best to lower the amount of unlocked iphones.
    btw I'm referring to aventura/ft. lauderdale (Florida) area where the volume of purchased iphones is very high.
    LoL... I was recently at the Aventura mall, and purchased my brother an iPhone with cash. Drove up there from Hialeah. I think the clerk just doesn't like you man. You should go back and try again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

OR - this was a post that was advertising AMEX.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yep its an AMEX troll

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hahah ) no it is not an AMEX advertise by any way . I just gave it as an example in my case, but I'm sure any small business cc that allows multi credit cards on one account could work the same way.

And yes, today my roommate went to buy the 2 phones for me and he told me that the clerks at aventura mall refused to sell 2 iphones to a lady in front of him with cash, they told her only credit cards and no more than 2 phones per person.
    I still cant believe, "I" want to give them my cash so bad and they just don't want it???

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikefrombg View Post
    "I" want to give them my cash so bad and they just don't want it???
    Ill take your money any day...
    mod edit, old signature removed

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

haha jeff...

AMEX ad

Thanks

Well I paid for mine about a month ago with half cash and half debit card at an AT&T store. Do they have my info? Is my warranty still valid since I have not activated an account with AT&T? My wife said they asked her for my name and e-mail address. She only gave them my name because she thought nothing of it...