Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help !!! Passcode Forgotten

Exclamation Help !!! Passcode Forgotten
    Please Help me ... !!! i have a iphone and my lil brother changed the passcode ... but the problem is not that i can't make calls , the real problem is that i have a lot of information (messeges) on it and i really want to know what is th passcode .... i don't want any data loss !!! Is There Any Program Plz Help Me ????!!!!

I don't know if anyone has broken that yet.

You basically need to beat the password out of him. The whole point of the passcode is to lock your stuff down. And the whole point of little brothers is to do things like this.
    cash removed my sig of a donation link.

http://smokebubbles.wordpress.com
    "Brewin' and 'quein' since last Tuesday."

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have forgotten your iPhone's Passcode you will need to restore your phone via iTunes.

But first you have to put your phone into the restore mode.

Plug your iPhone into your PC or Mac with the USB cable

Press and hold the power button at the top and then slide to power off the iPhone

Press the power button to power the iPhone on and keep it held while simultaneously pressing the home button

After a few seconds a yellow alert triangle will appear and the iPhone will say it is iPhone Restore Mode.

Open up iTunes and click on the Summary tab

Click on Restore to restore your iPhone. This will reset all your iPhone's setting to the factory defaults, including the Passcode. You should then follow the steps above to activate the Passcode with a memorable number and un-lock it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    If you have forgotten your iPhone's Passcode you will need to restore your phone via iTunes.
    The thing you missed is the most important part, he doesn't want to lose any data. A restore will wipe it all.

What is his brother, a cryptology genius? How did he unlock it in the first place, in order to change the password?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

voicemail messages and emails are stored in other places besides the phone so they wont be erased durring a restore and text messages get backed up when you sync so you dont really have too much to worry about
    I am the MacBook Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone1118 View Post
    voicemail messages and emails are stored in other places besides the phone so they wont be erased durring a restore and text messages get backed up when you sync so you dont really have too much to worry about
    Are you referring to an update or restore? As far as I've seen (and experienced) a restore will wipe the memory clean. Contacts and SMS are backed up yes, but nothing else. It all has to be re-synced.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly, even though the memory gets whipped clean you can re-sync the contacts and text messages, and then just download your emails again
    I am the MacBook Pro

another option would be (that's what probably i'd do) spend a day trying every single combination starting from 0001 ending 9999... LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metelskiy View Post
    another option would be (that's what probably i'd do) spend a day trying every single combination starting from 0001 ending 9999... LOL
    Interesting thought. I wonder if it would simply lock you out at some point. 3 strikes and you're out kinda thing.

Thanks

How important can a few sms messages be? Restore the phone, and if they're lost, then you'll know better than not to let your little brother mess wtih your passcode