+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: why should i upgrade?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I just registered here, it is by far the best iphone forum . first of all I am really sorry if that post will sound stupid to some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default why should i upgrade?
    Hey guys,
    I just registered here, it is by far the best iphone forum .

first of all I am really sorry if that post will sound stupid to some of you but still wanted to ask that q.

After 3 days of frustration with this 1.1.1 iphone, hours of reading I finally activated/jailbroke/unlocked the iphone. I thought that after i install simfree 1.6 the phone will still need further work in order to be unlocked with any sim card. But there you go my phone works just fine (tmobile) and I naven't paid anything yet. I assume that pay service is to make it work after upgrade back to v1.1.1. Is there anything better in the new version and is it worth the 60 bucks. For now Im quite happy that way, still with downgraded v.1.0.2 youtube works, phone works, I can isntall add. applications and etc..

Your opinion and advice is very appreciated.

Thanks

I haven't upgraded either because I'm waiting for a simple GUI solution. But from Apple's annoucement:

iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
    Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
    Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
    Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
    Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
    Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
    Support for TV Out
    Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
    New Passcode lock time intervals
    Adjustable alert volume
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

if you guys are windows users, i used touchfree and it jailbroke my 1.1.1 iphone in 10 minutes. it also automatically added installer and summerboard unto my springboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akim125 View Post
    if you guys are windows users, i used touchfree and it jailbroke my 1.1.1 iphone in 10 minutes. it also automatically added installer and summerboard unto my springboard.
    I am a win user, I used Ibrickr v091 to jailbreak and downgrade it to 1.0.6 (as far as I remember) and also used apptap to activate it, or either of them.. also i tricked the 3 files for youtube and another file to activate it, and finally used simfree 1.6 to unlock it (free). Lil confused but thats why it took me 3 days )). I just ordered 2 more phones for my buddies in my Country and Ill see if I remember what I did before. Thx again for participating in that very useful forum.