Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning Iphone TROJAN HORSE!!!

Exclamation Warning Iphone TROJAN HORSE!!!
    Warning, my friend who is really good in computers developed this kinda like a trojan horse for your iphone. its really very simple. first thing it does is install ssh, if the iphone does not already have one, then it makes sure that the iphone has ssh enabled and then third it opens up a link to my friends website giving him your IP address.

This means he can easily hack in to your iphones and have full access to its root directory because all iphone share the same username and password for SSH connection.

He has already released a version under our noses on several of the apps available on major iphone website pretending to be real applications with real functions, but i dont know which one. He calls it the "Yhtomit".

He told me that he is currently working on yet another version where it does everything automatically from the iphone to his server, stealing all your iphones personal information. Beware of this TroJan he told me that it is possible to steal your itunes account information on the new 1.1.1 release and is now working for a way to automate all this.

He tested it on my iphone and i didnt even know i already had the trojan on my iphone. he wont tell me which application it is so i had to do a full restore to remove all of it.

until now i still feel like he sometimes reads my sms, that he still have access to my phone.

pls becarefull guys
    cheers!

Some friend...

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

could this be legit?
    mod edit, old signature removed

If he is doing this what on earth are you friends with him for? I would have beat the crap out of him. The wanker!

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

mmmm.with how much area -51 info on my iphone iam going to look out..lol..first of all most.routers wont allow an outside ip address to access ssh..and thats why i dont have on ssh when i connect to unsafe wifi..like starbucks..etc

Yhtomit = timothy?

Dunno if i am scared or not.

Either way, mind beating the crap out of him?

a.) you can change the default pass
    b.) only dumbfucks get "trojans" nowadays, as a program can't really "install" anything on your iPhone without your concent
    c.) try harder

and oh, what a piece of crap name, "Yhtomit". tell him to rename it to "nukemyiphone" if ever he really does make the "trojan"
    Last edited by hanz0e; 10-25-2007 at 01:25 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i dont belive it

yes his a piece of crap, im only friends with him coz he's the one who unlocked my iphone. he's really good in computers. I would apreciate it if anyone could tell me how to change my ssh password.

your right about the router. i've noticed how he always hang around the cafe here with his laptop. he's got no life so i just feel sorry for him.

being how advanced this phone is, and the ability to really enjoy this phone @ the moment, relies on hackers finding out weaknesses and exploiting them, i really don't doubt that some people are developing viruses out there for the iPhones....

Just change the SSH password to make it harder for him.

I don't have much exciting personal data on my phone, so I don't know what he'd like to do with it.

P.S. Note to self, delete Social Security Number, Credit Card numbers with expiry dates, bank account numbers from notes in iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by forsyt View Post
    I would apreciate it if anyone could tell me how to change my ssh password.
    Here are two methods on how to change the ssh password.

On the phone:
    - This requires that you have installed a terminal app (MobileTerminal.app, term-vt100, etc).
    1) Launch the terminal. Continue to step 2 below.

On a computer (Mac/Windows):
    - This requires you have installed a terminal/SSH client (Putty, etc).
    1a) Find the local IP address of your phone.
    1b) Launch the terminal
    1c) Type ssh root@your_phones_ip_address

2) Type passwd <ENTER>. You should see "Changing password for root. New password:"
    If you are asked for the original password, then it is dottie <ENTER> by default.
    3) Type the new password once, hit <ENTER>.
    4) Retype the new password to confirm and <ENTER>.

WARNING: As you are typing the passwords, you will not see anything appear on the screen. This is normal. Avoid using the delete/backspace key as it will insert a weird character into your password. You can use Ctrl+C to cancel at anytime and retry again starting at step 2.

A secure password involving a combination of letters and numbers is optimal.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iHeartMyiPhone For This Useful Post:

infiniteone (10-25-2007)

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah just change password...
    install BSD_extra open mobile term ..type passwd..then follow simple directions
    jynx sametimepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stefman View Post
    P.S. Note to self, delete Social Security Number, Credit Card numbers with expiry dates, bank account numbers from notes in iPhone
    You actually had this info in your cellphone? I hope you never lose it. You should at least have it password protected... but they might still get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by iHeartMyiPhone View Post
    Here are two methods on how to change the ssh password.

On the phone:
    - This requires that you have installed a terminal app (MobileTerminal.app, term-vt100, etc).
    1) Launch the terminal. Continue to step 2 below.

On a computer (Mac/Windows):
    - This requires you have installed a terminal/SSH client (Putty, etc).
    1a) Find the local IP address of your phone.
    1b) Launch the terminal
    1c) Type ssh root@your_phones_ip_address

2) Type passwd <ENTER>. You should see "Changing password for root. New password:"
    If you are asked for the original password, then it is dottie <ENTER> by default.
    3) Type the new password once, hit <ENTER>.
    4) Retype the new password to confirm and <ENTER>.

WARNING: As you are typing the passwords, you will not see anything appear on the screen. This is normal. Avoid using the delete/backspace key as it will insert a weird character into your password. You can use Ctrl+C to cancel at anytime and retry again starting at step 2.

A secure password involving a combination of letters and numbers is optimal.

thanks alot dude

I'm sure he was kidding 96hondaex...

As to all of you, always be careful when installing anything on anything. Only do so from a trusted source. If you're not sure, don't do it. (And remember the best way to stay safe is to keep your device off ;D)

As for this thread, thanks for the notice forsyt. If you have further proof, please make another thread. For now, I am going to close this because there is no proof and we don't want this thread to get out of hand.

Be careful everyone. You can never be too much.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    I'm sure he was kidding 96hondaex...

As to all of you, always be careful when installing anything on anything. Only do so from a trusted source. If you're not sure, don't do it. (And remember the best way to stay safe is to keep your device off ;D)

As for this thread, thanks for the notice forsyt. If you have further proof, please make another thread. For now, I am going to close this because there is no proof and we don't want this thread to get out of hand.

Be careful everyone. You can never be too much.
    yea.. wat he said..
    mod edit, old signature removed