Recently I was trying to change the carrier logo on my 1.1.1 iphone using ibrickr and instructions from a thread on this forum...The instruction required me to replace the original springboard with a patched springboard in this directory:

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

...the problem is the patched springboard i replaced with my original was for 1.0.2 and my phones runs unlocked 1.1.1 firmware...As a result when the instructions prompted me to reboot the phone it got stuck on the apple screen and has not booted all the way up since...

I have read through the forum pretty thoroughly and tried different methods of fixing my problems, the closest i came to a solution was a thread that said i needed to give the springboard permission to run by using winSCP via ssh navigating to the springboard file and right clicking properties and where it says Octal, changing the numbers to 0755, then hitting Ok... the only problem is i don't have ssh on my phone and ibrickr doesn't let you change the numbers in springboards properties...

I was trying to prevent restoring and a bricked phone but if no one can help I just might have to...

Just like anyone else with iphone problems, I need help desperately...I greatly appreciate any one who has a solution for me...