+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube via iPhone after iASign

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had a thought. with being told that it would work by several posts, I tried to go to http://m.youtube.com to view some youtube videos. Now I uses iASign to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default YouTube via iPhone after iASign
    I had a thought. with being told that it would work by several posts, I tried to go to http://m.youtube.com to view some youtube videos. Now I uses iASign to activate my iphone so obviously youtube doesn't work. Now when I went to this site and tried to view a video I get the message..."Safari can't open the page because the address is invalid"

the address for these videos is an RTSP stream. I am thinking there is some kind of software that is downloaded to the iphone during normal activate that allows you to view RTSP streams. If we get this software, then I bet youtube will start working.

Any thoughts???

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Hm... there's an interesting train of thought.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hm... there's an interesting train of thought.
    I was hoping someone would think so. I'm not smart enough from the programming side to know how to use that and attempt to make a fix. I'm an IT guy on the systems level. the most programming I do is in websites and scripting for my network login scripts and install scripts.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I used iActivate and cannot get into YouTube. I guess they check for an AT&T account. >_<

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got YouTube working on my phone again after Iasign by doing a total software restore through itunes. Just plug your phone in, let it sync, then go to the reset menu on your phone under general options. Let it erase, then go to through the software restore process and then reload everything. Youtube should work now. Just be sure you save any text messages and pics you've taken on the phone, and be sure you have an unlimited Media Max plan through AT&T, or else it might get expensive. Youtube will work through WIFI as well. Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riky522 View Post
    I got YouTube working on my phone again after Iasign by doing a total software restore through itunes. Just plug your phone in, let it sync, then go to the reset menu on your phone under general options. Let it erase, then go to through the software restore process and then reload everything. Youtube should work now. Just be sure you save any text messages and pics you've taken on the phone, and be sure you have an unlimited Media Max plan through AT&T, or else it might get expensive. Youtube will work through WIFI as well. Good luck!

I most certainly appreciate the thought and idea but that did not work for me. I'm still open for other options.