+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE WIFI GREYED, no WIFI

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I dont know if it is a hardware problem, or my fault. I unlocked 3 of my famillies phone with iphonesimfree. and at the 3-th something happend. now it sais
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IPHONE WIFI GREYED, no WIFI
    I dont know if it is a hardware problem, or my fault.
    I unlocked 3 of my famillies phone with iphonesimfree.

and at the 3-th something happend.
    now it sais No WiFI i tried to restore software, downgrade firmware, downgrade broadband
    and everything but nothing happens.

an other sympthom is that the iphone freezes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rukiz For This Useful Post:

bakarmo (11-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default no good news
    i have the same problem, i have tryied everithing
    like i wrote it
    the only thing that i could make, is a usefull iphone without free
    so i can unlock it and activate it

lets keep in touch

ichat > thomasoven[[[[aatt]]]]mac.com
    email> thadnagy[[[aatt]]]grantreklam.hu

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem -- let me know if you figure it out because without wifi operational, I am stuck. Trying to do a pre 1.1.1 upgrade and get a failure message followed by a success message. Then follow steps to reload 1.1.1 onto phone, then use independance 1.2.5 to activate - cannot because the ssh is not functioning to be able to activate or jailbreak in 1.1.1.

Been going in circles.. any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have had the same trouble and all the ways that i have found dont work does any one else have any idea

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

me too..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i already posted this in another thread, but maybe this would help some ppl .. not me though ..

right now, my iphone got pretty much the similar symptoms ..

no wifi
    no bt
    bad imei

i always restore the phone to 1.1.1, then downgrade it to 1.0.2 activate via ind. - xfer'd/installed apps via ibrickr - including all the bbupdater/ieraser stuff .. i was able to erase/downgrade/verify the downgraded bb, but still getting the same symptoms..

i also tried run unlock.app / anysim at the end of the process to see if that would correct the bad imei issue ... no luck ..

any sugg?...

rinse & repeat - when it does not resolve the issue .. prob several times now(5+)...

i contacted ipsf to see if their soln would unbrick my phone...

i'll keep you guys posted if any positive result comes out...

Developer
    Thanks

hi.. keep me posted

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same problem
    hey guys im having the same problems - bad imei, no wifi - revirginizing won't work.

anyone have any updates?

pqn
    Green Apple
    Thanks

i have the same problem to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have the same problem. This is an OTB iphone 1.1.1 w/o any modification. I believe this is a hardware problem or something that is not related to the unlock jailbreak process because I didn't even start the process.

I tried all the available methods - downgrade, revirginize it, clear the baseband. upgrade, restore, and non of them works. The phone is OK, both voice and EDGE except the wi-fi is grey out.

I bought back to apple store, Of course, they asked for the activation stuff. I didn't bother to talk to brass-face sales or technical support. They know nothing, or pretend that they know nothing on it. They told me once I activate the phone I'll have the wifi. Of course I know they are BS.

Send it back to Apple with $40 deduction.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I took mine to a guy who replaced the modem and all is good now. Sure it cost me $175 but believe me it is worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same here....
    i tried all possible solution ...none of these are working for me ( at least)
    So guys we MUST do something...
    I am on three differend forums wachting EVERY THREAD AND POST about this: Hackint0sh forum ,iphone-elite forum and this forum....
    We are TOO MANY with this "no wifi" problem and we need a solution ...so what we can do?
    Maybe a blog is a good idea?
    Correct me if i am wrong

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradsears View Post
    I took mine to a guy who replaced the modem and all is good now. Sure it cost me $175 but believe me it is worth it.
    Some of us we dont have this possibility ....we dont live at states so its a big problem for replacing the modem / commboard ... i personally dont believe that is a hardware issue.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry guys for this double posting.......
    Last edited by liquid; 12-03-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem: it says No WiFI i tried to restore software, downgrade firmware, downgrade broadband
    and everything but nothing happens. And also the other sympthom is that the iphone freezes. Ive also read that u can run a launch daemon to run bbupdater -f myver.fls to restore the firmware. But how can I do this when I don't have any wi-fi? Is there any other way to do this?
    Someone who has an idea what to do?
    mediaboxen

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Same Problem
    I have no WIFI bad IMEI but my modem hardware firmware still shows...
    right now it is on 1.0.2 with modem firmware 4.2.13

I am running on a mac and I am looking for a way to install bsd subsystem, terminal + virginizing scripts on my iphone without using wifi

I have no WIFI bad IMEI but my modem hardware firmware still shows...
    right now it is on 1.0.2 with modem firmware 4.2.13

I am running on a mac and I am looking for a way to install bsd subsystem, terminal + virginizing scripts on my iphone without using wifi
    Last edited by imilad; 12-13-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well isee u say your using mac but if you can get your hands on a pc (or some pc emulator) for a couple of minutes you can use ibrickr <<http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip>> install pxl on your phone (yes requires to restarts)
    using their instructions. then from their browse applications get mobile terminal install then install bsd subsystem 1.5 and then press back in ibrickr click on the files link then on simulated iphone go to usr/ then bin/ now upload the files from the virginizer pack into that directory. or you can create a new folderin the /usr/bin directory name it what you like but if you create a new folder your first command in terminal will change for example if you put the files in the usr/ bin/ directory your first command in terminal is cd /usr/bin but if you add a new folder in the usr/ bin/(your new folder)/ your first command will be cd /usr/bin/(your new folder) hope i didn't confuse you and sorry for the excessive info.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@imilad
    I just send you an email but from what you whrote you are on a mac....
    Just ask for the equal to ibrckr program (i brickr is for windows ) ( i dont know the name of it).
    With that program you can tranfer files and make directories to your iphone through the usb cable.
    Last edited by liquid; 12-13-2007 at 07:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well here i just did a little googling and i think this is a similar program to ibrickr for mac
    << http://kaisakura.org/Breezy-20071009.zip >> it's called breezy well i can't verify this program works because i don't use mac
    hope this helps you
    (see mac users and pc users can coexist)