+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Synching calendars with iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'd love to be able to sync, say, Google Calendar with the iPhone. But that's not possible at this time, is it? I'm on Windows Vista at home, currently at
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Synching calendars with iPhone
    I'd love to be able to sync, say, Google Calendar with the iPhone. But that's not possible at this time, is it? I'm on Windows Vista at home, currently at work on XP.

I use Outlook at work, but at work only. At home I don't use any dedicated mail clients anymore.. it's all just GMail now.

I'd really love to use iPhone's calendar app by putting in events, but it would be very cool if I could synch its calendar with some outside source other than Outlook as opposed to having to enter all my events manually on the iPhone.

Ideas?

PS
    This is my first post here, and trust me when I say I looked around for the best iPhone community on the web. From browsing around the site and checking out the forums, threads, posts here.. I have to say this is the best iPhone community I've found so far. Kudos!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Hmm. Its built to sync with iCal, but for Windows users, thats no good at all. Other than that there's no apps that will actually sync up with the Calendar section in your iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, Outlook will, of course, but yeah, other than that that's it. Ok then.. guess I'll be forced to sync Google Cal with Outlook, then Outlook with iPhone through iTunes.

My head is spinning.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like many other people I have not been able to sync iPhone calendar with Outlook.

Suddenly it occured to me that recurring events and appointments without "end by" date (in other words indefinit appointments) can not be a healthy thing when synchronizing.
    I gave all my recurring events an end by date in 2060 (call me optimistic, as I am 40 now) and voila, it synched to perfection

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We have created a SyncML client to put directly on your iPhone, i.e. no need to use iTunes to synchronize any more. It is meant to be used for SyncML syncing, but it _can_ be used with Google Calendar, as it is actually an ical feed client.

It is a bit technical to install right now, but if you have managed to install SSH on your phone, then you will have no problems.

Check it out here:
    http://syncml2iphone.com
    -----------------------------
    SyncML 2 your iPhone?
    http://syncml2iphone.com