+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Plz!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my phone was in recovery mode when i had to go out so when i got back the phoen was off battry was dead i guess but it die in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Plz!!!
    my phone was in recovery mode when i had to go out so when i got back the phoen was off battry was dead i guess but it die in the recovery mode now my phone will not turn on at all any help would be great

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Charge it?
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tifose View Post
    my phone was in recovery mode when i had to go out so when i got back the phoen was off battry was dead i guess but it die in the recovery mode now my phone will not turn on at all any help would be great
    well how do you come to the conclusion that the battery is dead? sounds pretty absurd but i guess it is because i don't know all the details. but you push the top button firmly and it doesn't respond?

and i have a plead myself: i am currently trying to jailbreak my iphone. and i have gotten to the point where the firmware is downloaded and everything. but when i try to open the firmware no matter what, it says that there is no firmware inside to extract...idk how that is possible when i use the firmware to restore my iphone in itunes. but i know that i am having hard drive problems with my mbp and i am getting it replaced. so hopefully idk how but hopefully it has to do with my computer. but my 14 day return expires before i can get the hard drive replaced. so if there are any suggestions plz. do post. THANKS!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doitchinkstyle View Post
    and i have a plead myself: i am currently trying to jailbreak my iphone. and i have gotten to the point where the firmware is downloaded and everything. but when i try to open the firmware no matter what, it says that there is no firmware inside to extract...idk how that is possible when i use the firmware to restore my iphone in itunes. but i know that i am having hard drive problems with my mbp and i am getting it replaced. so hopefully idk how but hopefully it has to do with my computer. but my 14 day return expires before i can get the hard drive replaced. so if there are any suggestions plz. do post. THANKS!
    Bro, did you rename the *.ipsw file to *.zip and extract it ? Once you have done it, and I would assume that you are using iNdependence, point it to the unzipped folder not the Unzipped Folder/Firmware.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Kay
    Malaysia

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scooticus For This Useful Post:

doitchinkstyle (11-04-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chancre_scolex View Post
    Charge it?

yes i did charge it for one full day the phone would get hot but no matter how i push the bottons on it and i know how to reset the phone with the botton nothing would happen phone just would not come on!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Murfunit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tifose View Post
    Tried connecting it to iTunes?

And are you sure it's the battery that's dead?
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    Tried connecting it to iTunes?

And are you sure it's the battery that's dead?
    yeah i have itune running at all time. come to think about it i believe the battery is ok it would get hot that would mean the battery is charging!!! so why is the phone screen not coming on or iTune not finding the phone?

ps i feel like smashing this phone in

Thanks
    My humble 2 cents,

You might want to try pressing the home button ( don't release it even although nothing comes on from the screen ) and then hook it up to your computer ( pc or mac )

Only then release the home button when it's attached and see if iTunes will launch and give you an error message saying that your iPhone is on recovery mode. Or else you might want to launch iTunes manually and see if it detects the phone.

If this method works, it might lead you somewhere rather than the state you are in atm.
    Cheers
    Scooticus
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Help Me To Help You To Help Us All !

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

If your battery is getting extremely hot, that means youre ******. Time for repairs dude
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep