Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anybody else feel this way??

Default Does anybody else feel this way??
    Love the jailbreak for the iphone, love all the apps available and more thatt wil come , but do you hate the fact that iphone crashes so many times and everysingle time u have to do a reset , (say if u were having a chat on mobilechat) is this only me, or is this happening to everyone?
    i have 1.11 jailbroken iphone

Yes it does but no one wants to address it!!

Mine hasn't. Never crashed on 1.0.2 and hasn't since I upgraded to 1.1.1 and I have a lot of programs loaded including Mobile Chat and NES

How or what process did you use to upgrade and/or hack 1.1.1? Mine never did this on 1.0.2 either, it was flawless. Do we need to virginize or just restore with itunes to fresh 1.1.1?

If you're running an app that is locking up, most likely it's the app that's causing the issue... Open a bug with the programmer so they can address the issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SummerBoard is the problem, it makes the iPhone springboard crash for some reason (low memory, bug, who knows). It rarely happenes on 1.0.2, but very often in 1.1.1.

I have strange feeling it's summerboard too... 1.0.2 seemed very solid... now in 1.1.1 I seem to get kicked out of apps all the time and back to the springboard. This, combined with no voicemail notification, and the fact that my iTunes music store is stuck in Japanese, and I can't get back to the US store, I'm thinking of going back to 1.0.2! (although I'm not totally sure how to)

Mine was crashing constantly so I restored the phone and didn't install summerboard and no more crashes.

Same here.. constant crashing most likely due to Summerboard. Hopefully this can be addressed.

I thought I was alone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have "Dim Wallpaper" on, turn it off (and/or turn off wallpaper). It will make SummerBoard a bit more stable.

I restored 1.0.2 back to stock first then updated to 1.1.1 and used http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/ to jailbreak and add installer . It still hasn't crashed once

Quote Originally Posted by rfracing View Post
    How or what process did you use to upgrade and/or hack 1.1.1? Mine never did this on 1.0.2 either, it was flawless. Do we need to virginize or just restore with itunes to fresh 1.1.1?

Mine was okay for about a week after putting summerboard on my 1.1.1

then what seems like out of no where... it get constant crashes and forced to reboot most of the time. Usually when I tried to get my mail and surf the internet over EDGE or WiFi. Sometimes it would crash in "Settings".

I restored my iphone and dont seem to get the same issues.

I think I will leave it alone for a while.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    If you have "Dim Wallpaper" on, turn it off (and/or turn off wallpaper). It will make SummerBoard a bit more stable.
    Yup, love it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Funny, pretty much the only reason I ***0red my iphone was to run Summerboard and Customize. Without the dimmed wallpaper I might as well go back to a shackled iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by kelmk View Post
    Mine was crashing constantly so I restored the phone and didn't install summerboard and no more crashes.
    I have same problems! I'm desperate
    I would like to restore but not sure if/how I can do it since I unlocked (anySIM1.1 on 1.1.1)???

How you all guys restored? Was your iphone unlocked?

Thanx

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paved View Post
    Funny, pretty much the only reason I ***0red my iphone was to run Summerboard and Customize. Without the dimmed wallpaper I might as well go back to a shackled iphone.
    Why not just dim the wp in Photoshop and put it back on? I run SummerBoard and have a sweet theme on my iPhone (PlainJain Dim), with no issues. I just don't dim the wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by msrdjan View Post
    I have same problems! I'm desperate
    I would like to restore but not sure if/how I can do it since I unlocked (anySIM1.1 on 1.1.1)???

How you all guys restored? Was your iphone unlocked?

Thanx
    Did you try just setting the dim option to off as suggested?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Why not just dim the wp in Photoshop and put it back on? I run SummerBoard and have a sweet theme on my iPhone (PlainJain Dim), with no issues. I just don't dim the wallpaper.
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I'm happy again