Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you have internet on your iPhone in Australia?

Default Do you have internet on your iPhone in Australia?
    I got my iPhone working with my Optus SIM. Now I want to be able to connect to the net on the same Optus mobile account or, if I need to, switch to another carrier. Have you got such a setup working? If so, how, with which carrier, and how much are you paying?

truenorth, you should be able to get internet access on Optus using data services, i.e. EDGE, costs will be on their website and you'll need to get these services enabled. Ususally very expensive in AU. Suggest you choose a wi-fi hotspot provider where you most frequently go for coffee/chat and use them...it'll be cheaper than EDGE. You can also leech from unsecured wireless lans around town, and of course connect to your own at home...

go to setup>general>network>edge

apn: internet
    username: guest
    password: guest

your all set
    cheers!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to forsyt For This Useful Post:

truenorth (11-12-2007)

Thanks, guys.

forsyt, I discovered that recently by sheer luck. (But I gave you thanks)

I even leave username and password blank. But I haven't communicated with Optus about it. Any idea how much charges might be?
    Last edited by truenorth; 11-12-2007 at 02:54 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

i dont think they charge at all. i think this is somekind of default account. i tried checking my credit after downloading 3megs of mp3 to the phone and i didnt get any credit deduction. but when you have 0 credit it does not work. i hope this is true, hehehehe and not just some glitch on how they update our credit balance history.

thanks for the thanks mate.

I hope you're right. Moment of truth for me. My bill should arrive in a few days. I'll let you all know.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

oh, i didnt know your wer in a plan subscription. They will definitely charge u for it. sorry mate