+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help I canīt restore my iphone Error (2003)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I,m trying to restore my iphone and always get the same error "iPhone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (2003)". Please can you help me. is my iphone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help I canīt restore my iphone Error (2003)
    I,m trying to restore my iphone and always get the same error "iPhone could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (2003)". Please can you help me. is my iphone dead?

Is there a way to re-virginize without using putty etc as i cant get into the phone

What does the error code 2003 mean?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A little more background would help, but Maybe I can help, download iBrickr . 91 tell oh you want to down grade to 102, then it will ask you it this fixed it, you answer no, it asks if you want to try it again, you click yes, it will then put your phone in a different mode, a more receptive mode if you will, then run itunes again, this has brought my heart out of my throat on several occasions, good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to imstill@g For This Useful Post:

dr_rahul1984 (11-26-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tried thi and i can restore the phone but still have an issue as my phone is running slowly and i cant do anything on the phone itself. I cant get an ip address so i cant use putty or winscp. I have now jailbroken it and can only use ibricker to transfer files.
    I think the wireless drivers are screwy but how can i re-install them or how can i re-flash the baseband when i cant type on the phone and i cant connect with no ip address?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default thanks u so much budddy.... ohterwise i thought that i lost my iphone
    thanks u so much budddy.... ohterwise i thought that i lost my iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by imstill@g View Post
    A little more background would help, but Maybe I can help, download iBrickr . 91 tell oh you want to down grade to 102, then it will ask you it this fixed it, you answer no, it asks if you want to try it again, you click yes, it will then put your phone in a different mode, a more receptive mode if you will, then run itunes again, this has brought my heart out of my throat on several occasions, good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i found the sulotion
    Dear All,

i had the same problem error 2003 Unknown error and i slove it
    and i search in many forums.
    but i read some sulotion about changing the USB port and i found the problem.

When i saw my cable (GRIFFIN) i ask my self what if this cable not supporting data transfaring, becouse i get it with when i buy car charger and i am using on my PC.

So, i think this is 1 way cable and maybe not for DATA.
    then i used my orginal Iphone cable.

The good news the recovery and restoring work 100% good.
    and problem was solved.

Hope this works for you also.
    Regards,

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dossary001 For This Useful Post:

midgetwithatophat (08-05-2010), PHILIPWYCOMBE (09-12-2011), wani (01-27-2012)

Thanks

You do know that this thread is 3 years old.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know Sir,

but i just had the same error when i try to upgrade my Iphone 3.1.3
    to ios 4.0

and i face the same error code. then i think this can help pepole how have the same error code.
    Thanks
    Last edited by dossary001; 06-30-2010 at 08:56 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dossary001 For This Useful Post:

midgetwithatophat (08-05-2010)

Thanks
    This helped me with my iOS 4 problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Changing my iPhone USB cable to another USB port helped me with Error 2003 upgrading to iOS 4.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I can confirm it worked for me too. Was trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.1 and kept getting the 2003 error. Tried with my wife's cable (original with her phone) but that didn't help. Used my own original cable and presto she's all good. Has to be a coincidental gremlin but there you have it.

As an intersting (I think) sidebar; even with the phone stuck in recovery mode, I was able to run the redsn0w jb for 4.1, point it to a freshly downloaded ispw and believe it or not it fixed the phone.

So there you go, Apple breaks 'em and the community fixes 'em!

Cheers,
    L

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default re: Iphone 2003 error (unable to restore)
    I had the same problem with my iphone (getting the 2003 error). Come to find out, it was because my laptop has usb 1.1

I went to Best Buy, and found something to fix the problem. Its a usb 2.0 cardbus that plugs into your Pcmcia slot on your laptop. There are similar items for desktop computers as well.

Here's a link of what it looks like:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/DX-UC202-2-Port-USB-PCMCIA-Notebook/dp/B0009FV7J4]Amazon.com: DX-UC202 2-Port USB 2.0 PCMCIA Notebook: Electronics[/ame]

I installed the usb 2.0 adapter and plugged my iphone into it and it restored right away! I hope this helps someone.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You do know that this thread is 3 years old.....
    Just because a thread is old doesn't mean the information in it can't help one.... I have did searches many of times in old threads and found valuable information within them.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My little nephew asked me to update the firmware of his Iphone 3G from IOS 3.1 to the most current firmware, IOS 4.2, through Itunes 10.2. So I thought it would be something simple since I had done this once before on a different Iphone 3G 8GB by simply plugging the Apple USB Data Cable into my desktop's USB Port (my desktop does not have a 2.0 USB Port) and let Itunes do the rest. Boy was I so wrong last night! Itunes would not restore and kept giving me error 2003 time after time. So, I Googled and found this forum.

Here I am sharing my frustrated experience from last night so that, hopefully, it will help someone out there. I spent so many frustrated hours last night working on this and at the same time thought that I had ruined my nephew's Iphone. Anyway, the issue with error 2003 is nothing more than a computer issue. I used 2 outdated desktop computer and got error 2003. Tried using different data usb cables including the one from Iphone 4 and 3GS and the original one for this 3G. Nothing worked. So, I went ahead and used a Toshiba laptop which we purchased this past Christmas and wow it worked. Please update your computer so that it would have a 2.0 USB. My 2 old desktop did not have 2.0.

So, firmware is now updated to 4.2. Then I want ahead to unlock and jailbreak it since we're with T-Mobile. It did not go so well and this time I got error 1015. Spent quite a bit of time Googling again to fix error 1015. Finally after many frustrated hours found solution. To fix error 1015 you must downgrade firmware to 4.1 and while let Itunes restore your 4.2 firmware until you get the error 1015 message then at this time run tiny umbrella to get your Iphone to safely restore to 4.1. Tiny umbrella saved the night. Then I unlocked and jailbreak it and everything worked out perfectly. I was curious so I want ahead and update the firmware to 4.2 again to see if it would work. And it did not...got error 1015 again. So I had to use tiny umbrella again. Now this Iphone 3G is updated to 4.1 firmware and Modem Firmware aka Baseband is 06.15.00. Iphone works perfectly including sending & receiving picture text messages. Anyone out there who needs help (whether today or many years later) please just let me know. I'll be more than happy to help.

On another note...even though the original post was years ago...but trust me I was so happy I stumbled upon this thread last night. Even though I did not know whether or not it would help me solve my problem, but right away it gave me hope because there are people out there who went through the same problem I currently encounter and different people have different ways to resolve it and hopefully one of those ways would help me.

So, Luckybones25's post indeed gave me an idea to try using our Laptop (Windows 7) instead of the 2 outdated desktop (Windows XP). Thank you Luckybones25!
    Last edited by Iphonedrivesmecrazy; 04-02-2011 at 10:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck !!!!!
    I got the same error when I tried to update to ios 4.2. I have a dell studio xps running windows 7. I lost my original iphone cable, so i bought a cheap duplicate. I'll just go out and buy an original cable and see if it solves the problem. If it doesn't, pls back me up guys. Its more of a desperate plea than a request.

A

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

excellent thank you so much, fixed my same problem brilliantly , had to register just to say THANKS ! was doing my nut in , i was using a old car charger usb cable, used my proper one and it worked fine, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by dossary001 View Post
    Dear All,

i had the same problem error 2003 Unknown error and i slove it
    and i search in many forums.
    but i read some sulotion about changing the USB port and i found the problem.

When i saw my cable (GRIFFIN) i ask my self what if this cable not supporting data transfaring, becouse i get it with when i buy car charger and i am using on my PC.

So, i think this is 1 way cable and maybe not for DATA.
    then i used my orginal Iphone cable.

The good news the recovery and restoring work 100% good.
    and problem was solved.

Hope this works for you also.
    Regards,

excellent thank you thank you thank you
    Last edited by PHILIPWYCOMBE; 09-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPWYCOMBE View Post
    excellent thank you so much, fixed my same problem brilliantly , had to register just to say THANKS ! was doing my nut in , i was using a old car charger usb cable, used my proper one and it worked fine, thanks again

excellent thank you thank you thank you
    Its your cord, i just read this form and i changed my cord because i kept getting the 2003 error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Worked!!
    Thanks!!! This worked for me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default got out of it!!! how can i activate?
    i have the same problem,
    my iphone 3gs is 5.1.1 and when i was trying to unlock it, it stocked at recovery mode, i've spent 3 long nights looking for the solution, but you know what, the only problem was the usb port. i'm using windows 7 with 3 usb port, i kept using the one nearest me, but it doesn't work.
    then i encounter this blog, and i tried to change from one usb port to the next and it worked!!!
    now my only problem is to activate this without the original SIM, because i want to jailbreak it and unlock, it was the problem in the first place.
    is there anybody who cn help me with this? PLEEEEASE...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also had this problem and i suffered alot . that ibrick thing didnt helped me.I saw someone replied to change the USB port and i did and it worked.... yay