Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: A newbie question about restore the iphone in iTunes

  1. #1
    Default A newbie question about restore the iphone in iTunes
    Hi!

    Im totally new here so have patient if the question is stupid.

    My question is this.

    I have a iPhone with 1.0.2 and it is unlocked with anysim.

    It has worked perfectly but after I installed the new app.tap installer something is wrong, i cant use some of the apps, for example sketches.

    So I wonder if i can do a restore in iTunes without anything happens with the unlocking and if it will trying to install the 1.1.1 update?

    What should I do?

    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    I would try to remove the new Apptapp installer. If its the newest one, its really not suggested for 1.0.2. I would NOT restore with iTunes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    I would try to remove the new Apptapp installer. If its the newest one, its really not suggested for 1.0.2. I would NOT restore with iTunes.
    How do I reinstall to the older install app or how do I remove it?

  4. #4
    It should be under the un-install tab in installer.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    It should be under the un-install tab in installer.
    Yes I think so to but the only thing I can do is reinstall...

    and only to 3.0b4

    I now see that they recommended 1.1.1 - but I dont find the old installer app.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    I use iNdependence 1.2.4. In that app you can got to customize and then click the minus sign and delete it

    The old one is downloadable from nullriver and can be installed in iNdepencence 1.2.4 by going to customize and xlicking the Plus sign
    Last edited by taylorcold; 10-21-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorcold View Post
    I use iNdependence 1.2.4. In that app you can got to customize and then click the minus sign and delete it

    The old one is downloadable from nullriver and can be installed in iNdepencence 1.2.4 by going to customize and xlicking the Plus sign
    I think I have got it right now. Downloaded the older version and istall it.

    THANKS for your help.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •