+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I restore settings after using iUnlock on downgraded v1.1.1? (MAS USER)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
**MAC USER** In a bit of a jam. I TRIED to activate, jailbreak and unlock my iPhone that came from apple with v1.1.1 firmware on it, the same way I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can I restore my iPhone after using iUnlock on downgraded v1.1.1? (MAC USER)
    **MAC USER**

In a bit of a jam.

I TRIED to activate, jailbreak and unlock my iPhone that came from apple with v1.1.1 firmware on it, the same way I would for an iPhone with v1.0.2 firmware on it (oops!):

-Ran independence to activate and jailbreak
    -Ran appTapp to load installer.
    -Ran installer to load community sources, DNS Tools, BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH
    -Connected Iphone to WiFi
    -Connected to iPhone via ftp client(cyberduck)
    -Uploaded & Overwrote lockdwnd file
    -Uploaded & ran iUnlock.app

Of course I couldn't get passed step one because the version of iNdependence I was using isn't compatible with the new firmware (v1.1.1).

So I put my iPhone into restore mode by pressing home and power button until the "yellow triangle" appeared, restored my iPhone to v1.0.2 with iTunes (option+Restore), then jumped back into iNdependence and proceeded as usual.

Once iUnlock was finished I popped my non-AT&T simcard in, and as you probably already guessed it didn't recognize the sim.

So my question is this. How can I restore 100% back to factory settings after having used the previously mentioned method to (try to) unlock my iPhone?

Cheers
    Last edited by IsaiahG; 10-21-2007 at 05:05 PM.