+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What next???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I have downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2 (did not downgrade the baseband), jailbroke it and installed BSD subsystem, ssh etc etc. I'm using AT&T and have no plans to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What next???
    So I have downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2 (did not downgrade the baseband), jailbroke it and installed BSD subsystem, ssh etc etc. I'm using AT&T and have no plans to unlock it for another carrier.

My question is what should I do next? Should I upgrade the firmware? Is there a reason to upgrade it to 1.1.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Do a restore and use 1 touch jailbreak (OSX).It will install ssh and installer for you. 1.1.1 is faster.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seattleweb View Post
    So I have downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2 (did not downgrade the baseband), jailbroke it and installed BSD subsystem, ssh etc etc. I'm using AT&T and have no plans to unlock it for another carrier.

My question is what should I do next? Should I upgrade the firmware? Is there a reason to upgrade it to 1.1.1?
    There was no need to downgrade to 1.0.2 you could of just used the ipodtouch jailbreak for your 1.1.1 iphone. I did that and it was so smooth and easy. I would restore your phone through itunes and then just use ipodtouch jailbreak because there have been more problems jailbreaking from 1.0.2 from what I've been reading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hhhmm....i know i may sound stupid... but here goes

i;ve downgarde from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 after several attemps using MAC and i am with ATT carrier..right now.i've some 3rd party programs running and all ok...

which jailbreak shoudl i used? if i failed at jailbreaking from 1.0.2, do i haveot stay all over again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chancre_scolex View Post
    Do a restore and use 1 touch jailbreak (OSX).It will install ssh and installer for you. 1.1.1 is faster.
    Unfortunately I don't have an OSX machine

I'm somewhat confused... as a Windows user, with my jailbroken 1.0.2 phone, which jailbreak method should I use after I upgrade it to 1.1.1?