+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think i bricked my iPhone. =(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So far my experience with modding has been clean enough. Ive read all the forums and had a 1.0.2 modded phone, upgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraded all with a far
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I think i bricked my iPhone. =(
    So far my experience with modding has been clean enough. Ive read all the forums and had a 1.0.2 modded phone, upgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraded all with a far bit of ease. But today i got a new update on the installer on my 1.0.2 modded phone and it said to upgrade to 1.1.1. So i did a clean restore and via instructions in various places i used jailbreak to crack it open. Well i went to the link provided to crash safari in 1.1.1 and preceeded to jailbreak and now it just is stuck on the apple icon. I can reboot, but itunes cant see it, jailbreak doesnt do anything and app tapp doesnt do anything ( which is 1.0.2 anyway, but i figured hey might as well try ).

So am i iPhucked? Any help in any direction would be so much appreciated. I use this thing for work and it would really sting to drop 450 this weekend cause of this

Thnx a bunch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Hold down the power and home buttons until the restarts and says
    connect to itunes, then let go. Connect to itunes and restore.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Thanks

Do ask chancre_scolex wrote but make sure your iPhone is connected at all times. iTunes will come up and say that your iPhone is in recovery mode. Now you should be good to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doh i must have got confused, i thought you held it in for 10 seconds only to get it in recovery. Whew. You guys are awesome, thank you so very much

/bow

hey would you guys know how to get the new installer 3.0 on a 1.1.1 phone? The best i can find is to use jailbreak, which failed this time, but i actually cant find the new beta of installer.

If not im happy to go back to 1.0.2, but it would be fun to beat this
    Last edited by Iccy; 10-20-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost