Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I change the weather app to display British weather

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How do I change the weather app to display British weather
    I have an Iphone here in the UK and it will only display US cities weather the same is true for Stocks I can't get british share prices. If anyone knows or has an idea what file I need to edit and what exactly needs editting i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

You might have more luck when the iphone is released in Europe. I'm sure you could copy some files over =D

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default European Iphone (UK)
    Will these files be made readily available on here?

I'm sure they will. =D

For now you could make a spring app that links to your favorite weather or shares website.

P.S. I was just thinking about it, and you should be able to add some European cities.
    The app is really picky when it comes to names, so try a few around your area (mainly big cities).
    I have Baghdad on mine so I know it's not limited to the US.

Do you want like this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colacao82 View Post
    I have an Iphone here in the UK and it will only display US cities weather the same is true for Stocks I can't get british share prices. If anyone knows or has an idea what file I need to edit and what exactly needs editting i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Run Weather, and click on the little "i" in the bottom right-hand corner. You can add any city you wish. I live in Toronto, and I have it set up to watch Edinburgh weather.

I had no problem for showing french weather. For stocks from the Paris exchange I have to add .PA after the stock symbol, there must be a similar convention for london stock exchange

Green Apple
    Thanks

Blue_Wind if that is the temperature for Bedford in the UK the yes I definelty (spelling?) want it like that.
    How to do?

Okay I just tried again to get the weather for my town here in the UK 10 mins ago it didn't work so I tried the next small town (village) and it worked. So I tried my town again and that worked aswell. I think they must've updated there system to display english weather pre-9 Nov UK Launch. COOOOL
    Last edited by colacao82; 10-20-2007 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost