Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upcoming user?

Default upcoming user?
    Well this my first post, but i plan on being as active as possible (im just a big forum guy). Anyway, im a pretty big mac guy. I have a mac and have convinced 2 of my friends and my sister and brother to get macs. I don't know everything about them, but i like to think i do.

Anyway, i had verizon service (still do) but my birthday is coming up and i've told my parents i want to start a cingular plan and get the iphone, something i have wanted since it came out. Problem is, like an idiot i renewed my contract for my verizon (getting the new motorole q, which was terrible). So i may just take my brothers number, whose contract ends this november..

Is it worth changing my number? Im only 17, so its not a big deal to switch numbers now...

I have read a ton of reviews and watched videos to make sure it is truly what i want and it seems to be. But i figured i would ask some specific questions that haven't been answered.

Do the updates really fix the bugs people have had (like safari closing randomly)?

Lets say i was going to get it tomorrow, is that a bad decision since leopard is coming out? Does leopard mean changes for the iphone?

I tested the keyboard out and i actually type pretty fast with it, but as i would assume with experience do you get to a point where its almost an unconscious thing typing?

I don't have wi-fi in my house, is the Internet when i can't access wi-fi going to want to make my throw it out the window?

Is the AT&T service as bad as i hear it is? (AT&T<Verizon?)

Whats the likelyhood with all these rumors a generation 2 comes out in november?

Anything that you have found in your experience that you love or want to say as a warning to me? Its an investment 400 dollars plus the AT&T plan, so i am just doing all the research.

I realize some of the answers to these questions are subjective but i'd still like to hear your opinions.

Thanks to anyone responds, i appreciate it.

Is it worth changing my number? Im only 17, so its not a big deal to switch numbers now...
    Yes

Do the updates really fix the bugs people have had (like safari closing randomly)?
    For the most part they are fixed, and Apple will continue to fix any that are found.

Lets say i was going to get it tomorrow, is that a bad decision since leopard is coming out? Does leopard mean changes for the iphone?
    I highly doubt there will be a new iPhone (if there is they'd probably exchange for it), so I'd get it now before the update that is (most likely) coming with Leopard.

I tested the keyboard out and i actually type pretty fast with it, but as i would assume with experience do you get to a point where its almost an unconscious thing typing?
    Typing is really easy. Once in a while it will be awkward or hard because you have to look at your phone. But you do get really good at it.

I don't have wi-fi in my house, is the Internet when i can't access wi-fi going to want to make my throw it out the window?
    I couldn't live without wifi, but I'd still want my iPhone. Service isn't great, but will usually work fine for what you need.

Is the AT&T service as bad as i hear it is? (AT&T<Verizon?)
    AT&T sucks. But it is burden you will have to carry for having such a great phone. (It can be fast once in a while)

Whats the likelyhood with all these rumors a generation 2 comes out in november?
    IMHO, there isn't going to be one. Don't worry.

Anything that you have found in your experience that you love or want to say as a warning to me? Its an investment 400 dollars plus the AT&T plan, so i am just doing all the research.
    It's worth it.
    The iPhone is the best phone there is.
    I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    =D

(Let us know how it turns out too!)

thanks alot for the quick response...just a follow up...

when i was talking about AT&T vs. verizon i was talking about serive, i understand EDGE isn't as fast as we might like. But do you have problems finding areas to make calls?

Secondly, i didn't really understand what you were saying about the change with leopard or something? If they do infact do something for the new operating system you think they will let iphone customers do what?