Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to delete part of SMS conversation?

Default Possible to delete part of SMS conversation?
    I send quite a lot of sms messages and on my last phone (nokia n95) I would keep the last 2 or 3 texts from a person and delete all the ones before them.
    The iphone displays them great cause i can re-read my conversation... But is there any way to clear some from 1 person without clearing them all?
    Its at the stage after having the iphone for less than a week that i have 30 messages + from some people, so I'd like to clear some but not then all.

Is this possible and how?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    The iphone displays them great cause i can re-read my conversation... But is there any way to clear some from 1 person without clearing them all?
    The SMS functions seem to be very basic at this point for the iPhone. Perhaps they will eventually add a sync operation with Leopard like with Notes but who knows. I'd like some more functionality as well.

Its very basic...
    I would also like to see delivery reports implemented. Surely Apple must realize that SMS should be a main feature in a phone?

If they fix it for Leopard then surely that'll be in an iPhone firmware update - which means us "unlocked" users may have to wait ages to get the new version jailbroken?

This is a real problem when I get text messages sent by email.

All messages sent to me via email (e.g. [email protected]) appear to be from the phone number (000) 000-0000.

So all messages, no matter who (or what) sent them, all appear as one conversation.

I must either delete all messages or keep al messages.

Its really a dumb bug.
    Mobile Linux? Got That.
    Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2x, Motorola A780
    Visit Linuxslate.com New Forums just starting

You have to install an application called SMSD, you can find it under the utilities category in the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by ziza6969 View Post
    You have to install an application called SMSD, you can find it under the utilities category in the installer.
    can you explain what exactly thats going to do? whats its limitations?

This application provides of list of every SMS received and sent. It provides the date and time, and the option to delete each message to your liking. Try installing it and get the feel for yourself, if you don't like it, just click the uninstall button and you're good to go.

Reako