+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stop iPhoto from Launching???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Can someone please help me. Everytime i dock my iPhone and connect to my laptop (MacBookPro)my iPhoto launches in order to import photos from phone. These photos are already in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stop iPhoto from Launching???
    Can someone please help me.
    Everytime i dock my iPhone and connect to my laptop (MacBookPro)my iPhoto launches in order to import photos from phone.
    These photos are already in my iPhoto, how can i stop this from happening?

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been wondering the same thing, it drives me nuts...I can't find any option in iphoto to stop it...But I know its somewhere.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

Thanks

iPhoto launches whenever there are pictures in your Camera roll. To stop this action you must import and then "delete originals".

What's that? Oh you want to keep the photo's on your iPhone. No problem, make a new album... call it "iPhone photos". Put your "photos" into this album. In iTunes, when you have you phone connected, select the newly created album and set it to sync.

So when you take new pictures, import / delete them, then drag them to the iPhone photos album.

To view them on your iPhone, go to the Photos app and you'll see your iPhone photos album.

OR You can also set the preferences to "do nothing" when you connect a camera. Then benefit of getting these photos into your library is they will never go away. If your iPhone crashes, you stand a good change of losing all the pictures in your Camera roll album (if you have to restore).
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 10-16-2007 at 06:15 AM.
    White 3G

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

MArCoS (10-16-2007), shabster (10-20-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks alot Cyber Greg