Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dropped Iphone In Water!!!!

Default Dropped Iphone In Water!!!!
    Yes it is true...i dropped my iphone in water, actually the toilet hahahaha, well i thought it was gone, but since ive been blowdrying it it works with all the mods...only ONE technicality......the airplane mode question pops up periodically!! freakin awesome which asks if i want to turn airplane mode on....any suggestions??? haha and is it even covered under warranty if i dropped it in water? let me know what you guys think....

There is a water test dot in the bottom of the head phone jack.
    Is it white or red?
    (Gotta catch the light right, or get a flashlight)

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

After dropping any electronic device in water, you should turn it OFF and then dry it out for a looooong time. I got sprayed with a hose while holding my ipod mini and it got ****** up. I turned it off and put it in the back room at the store I worked at where it was hot as hell, and after 24 hours, it worked perfectly.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

well straight down its white...but to the side of the white circle it looks orangish but from a computer chip you know?? are you talking about looking straight down into the jack?

everything works, but the headset jack, it doesnt play through the headphones, when i play music through the headphones you hear it through the speakers....uh oh........lol
    Last edited by Lonestar87; 10-15-2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just read last night that the white dot on the bottom of the head set jack is a water tester. [Link[

I first leanred about these on my RAZR...
    just wondering.
    If these are tripped, Apple won't fix your phone under warrenty.
    Doing what chancre_scolex suggested is your best bet =D

Here's some more info and more tips:
    http://architectures.danlockton.co.uk/?p=143

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

you could also fake a problem with the touch screen or something and then when you go into the store chances are they won't even check the water seal and you can get a new one for free (maybe 10&#37 restock fee or something. Lol just don't send it in if the seal is damaged

Thanks

Default need help scaming apple
    I droped my iphone from a short height but now has few scratches on it. they really bug me and I wanted some suggestions on how to scam apple out of a new one. I don't have access to an apple store. any ideas?
    Last edited by cory; 10-16-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    I just read last night that the white dot on the bottom of the head set jack is a water tester. [Link[

I first leanred about these on my RAZR...
    just wondering.
    If these are tripped, Apple won't fix your phone under warrenty.
    Doing what chancre_scolex suggested is your best bet =D

Here's some more info and more tips:
    http://architectures.danlockton.co.uk/?p=143
    Two words: Liquid Paper.

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I droped my iphone from a short height but now has few scratches on it. they really bug me and I wanted some suggestions on how to scam apple out of a new one. I don't have access to an apple store. any ideas?
    I have an idea. STOP posting this stupid request. You have posted it in at least 2 threads that I have read. You dropped your phone and it has scratches? Big deal. Stop crying, get over it and enjoy the phone already.

well how can you fake a touch screen glitch:? and i think that circle is still white!!! so thats good, everything works except my headphone jack...

Hey headset works with iphone now! after it dropped in the toiiet i turned it off, blew on it, and let it sit, had some glitches froze a bit, and the headset wouldnt work, it would play through speakerphone, so i restored it to factory settings ( to take off the mods just in case i had to try and get a new one) and after the restore everything works!!! so i hope it stays like this!
    Last edited by Lonestar87; 10-16-2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

canu sent acbk to palle for repair and pretend u didnto drop it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

faking screen problems is as easy as saying theirs intermittent. I have gotten many a new DS with this simple tactic. At thus point in technology we know little enough that it is very difficult to reproduce or prove any scenarios involving touchscreen problems. Personally I would not take the risk if apple turning down and blacklisting you if you don't absolutely have to. Expend your other options first

It sounds like Lonestar87 fixed his problem.
    And this thread is getting illegal.
    So bye bye for now. =D