+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unkown error 1 when restoring to 1.0.2 PLS HELP!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
[Hi, I have updated my iphone cause i got incorrect sim after trying to unlock it and when i try to do the restoring to 1.0.2 it says cannot restore
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unkown error 1 when restoring to 1.0.2 PLS HELP!
    [Hi,

I have updated my iphone cause i got incorrect sim after trying to unlock it and when i try to do the restoring to 1.0.2 it says cannot restore unkown error 1 (or something like that). I have noticed that itunes logo and the connector is appearing instead of the yellow triangle with exclamation point. Please help me..... Just tell me what to do.. Also suggest what unlocking tool should i use, i alraedy tried iunlock and anysim but unfortunately i still got incorrect sim warning.... Thanks so much guys!!! Hope someday i could help you also...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

Make sure that you hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds (1 mississippi...2 mississippi..etc) and release the power button but continue to hold the home button until itunes recogonizes the phone in restore mode...the screen will remain black...if you get the ipod connector and itunes logo on your screen you've done it wrong

Green Apple
    Thanks

i found it easyer to just download ibricker if your on windows and it will put it into the special restore mode first time.

Thanks

dude! you will have to downgrade the baseband in order to make calls again, since you update u phone i comes with a new baseband and it would no work with any sim u use at all.....there are a few guides you can use around this site.....
    (/)EMESIS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thank you for your help guys. I still cant get the yellow triangle to my screen, instead the connector and itunes logo is showng. I've done this before but not i cant do it anymore just after i upgrading or restoring.. Any other ways? Thanks again...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nivram_620 View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for your help guys. I still cant get the yellow triangle to my screen, instead the connector and itunes logo is showng. I've done this before but not i cant do it anymore just after i upgrading or restoring.. Any other ways? Thanks again...
    Please follow this guide step wise and you should be fine

Power off your phone by pressing Power + home button, then when you screen goes blank (and you hear a bell from your PC speakers) leave the power button only and keep the Home button pressed. Soon you will hear another Bell sound from your PC speakers and this is the time you leave your home button.

iTunes will take you to Restore. But your iPhone screen will remain black, so dont get alarmed. Now you can safely restore your v1.0.2 firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nivram_620 View Post
    [Hi,

I have updated my iphone cause i got incorrect sim after trying to unlock it and when i try to do the restoring to 1.0.2 it says cannot restore unkown error 1 (or something like that). I have noticed that itunes logo and the connector is appearing instead of the yellow triangle with exclamation point. Please help me..... Just tell me what to do.. Also suggest what unlocking tool should i use, i alraedy tried iunlock and anysim but unfortunately i still got incorrect sim warning.... Thanks so much guys!!! Hope someday i could help you also...
    Yeap i was having the same problem with mine for over 6 hours... I've unlocked over 20 iPhones out of the box with 1.1.1 FW downgraded them to 1.0.2 with no problem with a few tricks ive learned.

What i recommend u do is to go here and get the old 1.0.0 FW : http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

then follow the same steps as if u were trying to restore ur iPhone with a 1.0.2 but instead of choosing the 1.0.2 FW ur going to restore to 1.0.0 which will give u the error "128" that then gives u the yellow triangle booting screen and then from there all u do is iNdependence to activate/jail brake it and then apptapp to follow the downgrading baseband steps...

I Hope this can help u out because it was the only way it worked on my bricked phone after upgrading it to 1.1.1 being curious...

*EXCUSE MY ENGLISH* cheers!

Thanks

You dont need an older firmware. Just follow my guide and you will flawlessly downgrade with unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i get windows to detect my iphone again?

it says unknown USB device. I cant seem to make it right no matter how many reboots or restarts