Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Text Alerts???

Default Text Alerts???
    I am new to the forumz and I have a problem with the text sounds on my iphone like when someone sends me a text it is extremely low. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I could assign different sounds for incoming texts?? Thanks For your help.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

This link explains uploading files to the iPhone, and this one explains where the files are... instead of uploading to the ringtones directory like the tutorial shows, upload to the UI sounds directory.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

you could always replace that sound with a new one. Check out pf's links and read the
    wikis

Ok so what you are saying is for me to substitute ringtones for uisounds correct? where do I put the new sounds? Phonedmg folder? Can I put any sound or what they have there?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Right. Look at the Wiki which shows the file directory, you will see the path to the UI sounds directory. Instead of using the path to the ringtones directory while following the ringtones tutorial, use the UI sounds path. The new sounds should be in the phonedmg folder before you follow the tutorial, yes.

Ok I have it but i made a boo boo... lol I thought I could just rename a very small file that I have on my hard drive but no go the phone accepted it but it apparently was not the right format because now I get absolutely NO SOUND!!!! Man I really need a hand....Pardon me being such a dummy

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Which file, I'll get you a backup.

Thanks Poetic I fixed the problem I downloaded the default sounds from the wiki section and I replaced my sms-received file. It sounds slightly louder but I was wondering if you might have something loud that I will actually be able to hear? All the CAF files that come with the phone are extremely low.