+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If restore - will the unlock still be there?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I want to restore my unlocked iPhone - just to get it "clean and fresh". Will I need to unlock the phone again or will the restore just clean up
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question If restore - will the unlock still be there?
    I want to restore my unlocked iPhone - just to get it "clean and fresh". Will I need to unlock the phone again or will the restore just clean up all software I put there?
    Is there any problem with restoring a unlocked phone or do I need to "virginize" it first?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no you have to make sure your restoring with 1.02 though and not 1.1.1, when you restore you will have to jailbreak and activate, but you should not need to unlock again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you do a Restore without pressing "ALT" you'll continue unlocked, but if you restore with Itunes normal you'll restore all , including baseband.

For getting a 1.1.1 version installed I did a restore pressing ALT button and after that I continued with Vodafone coverage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscar8x View Post
    If you do a Restore without pressing "ALT" you'll continue unlocked, but if you restore with Itunes normal you'll restore all , including baseband.

For getting a 1.1.1 version installed I did a restore pressing ALT button and after that I continued with Vodafone coverage.
    oscar8x, Did you have 1.0.2 and did a restore with the 1.1.1 firmware? Did that work? It sound so simple...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes all does not sound right with oscars restore method

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a very similar question. I unlocked my phone with 1.0.2 and now my phone doesn't make a sound. I can't hear phone calls, I can't hear an unlock/locked sound, etc. So I called Apple to schedule an appointment so they can check out whats wrong. So far I have resotred to 1.0.2 and then installed 1.1.1 ... and still no sound. When I take it into the apple store will they be able to see that I have unlocked it