Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: applesecure thingy

iPhone? More like MyPhone j3wbagell's Avatar
    Thanks

Default applesecure thingy
    Ok so i bought an iphone recently and sold a spare paintball gun for it so pretty big investment to me. I was planning on buying the apple warranty thing, dont remember exactly what its called, so i go to buy it and wow NOT AVAILABLE IN FLORIDA.

Why is this?

Is there a warranty already on the phone?

Can I use at&ts usual insurance plan for all the other phones?

If the iPhone does have a warranty what does it cover?
    EDIT:nevermind ill just read if it does have a warranty

I am asking these questions becasue i do not have my iPhone in my posession it comes on wednesday and would like to know before hand.

My parents didn't pay for my iPhone.
    *If i help you hit that "Thanks" button for me*

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

1 year warranty that basically covers if the phone doesnt operate properly.

applecare is the name of the warranty extension and just covers if something goes wrong with the phone.

att does not cover the iphone under their insurance plan.

AT&T S*CKS for not covering insurance for the iphone.
    they got us by the B@lls for 2years and what happens if we lose or brake the phone, were @$$ out

Thanks

so anyone know why its not available in florida? other then they knew i was buying one so they did it just to screw with me.

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    1 year warranty that basically covers if the phone doesnt operate properly.

applecare is the name of the warranty extension and just covers if something goes wrong with the phone.

att does not cover the iphone under their insurance plan.
    does that include the touchscreen stop working like ive seen on youtube?
    Last edited by j3wbagell; 10-13-2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

yes it would include the touchscreen not working (unless you dropped it and broke the screen)

here is why flordia applecare is not existent:

It’s no secret that extended warranties are mostly a money tree for manufacturers, and with so many retirees on limited incomes living in Florida, the state enacted a law years ago to protect them. This law essentially makes it illegal for companies to offer extended warranties unless they pay a one-time $500 fee to the state for a corporate “background check” of sorts to ensure the company offering the extended warranty is legitimate and meets certain financial criteria.

The byproduct of this was that Apple wouldn’t offer AppleCare to Florida residents, but until fellow ATPM staffer Lee Bennett pointed me to an investigative article at the St. Petersburg Times, no one really knew why Apple wasn’t offering AppleCare. Stories that made the rounds of the Mac Web included the untrue rumour that all extended warranties were illegal in Florida and the similarly untrue rumour that manufacturer’s warranties were limited to one year by the state.

So much for that idea.

The blogosphere/Mac Web/whatever absolutely needs to hold Apple’s feet to the fire for this. A one-time fee of $500 is a piss-poor excuse for refusing to offer AppleCare to all 16 million residents of a state with seven Apple Stores. (Florida is third behind California and New York for most Apple Stores.) Microsoft and Gateway both offer extended warranties in Florida. Dell appears to offer extended warranty service in Florida. Dare I point out that despite Apple’s consistently superior customer service ratings in such magazines as Consumer Reports, people constantly cite warranty coverage as a reason to choose Dells over Macs?

I’ll take this opportunity to remind you that a thoughtfully worded letter to [email protected] will have an effect, especially if it’s accompanied by a million others saying the same thing: quit being cheap, pay the $500, stop losing sales to Dell, and start raking in the cash from your Floridian customers!

from the applewebblog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xfsasx For This Useful Post:

j3wbagell (10-14-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    yes it would include the touchscreen not working (unless you dropped it and broke the screen)

here is why flordia applecare is not existent:

It’s no secret that extended warranties are mostly a money tree for manufacturers, and with so many retirees on limited incomes living in Florida, the state enacted a law years ago to protect them. This law essentially makes it illegal for companies to offer extended warranties unless they pay a one-time $500 fee to the state for a corporate “background check” of sorts to ensure the company offering the extended warranty is legitimate and meets certain financial criteria.

The byproduct of this was that Apple wouldn’t offer AppleCare to Florida residents, but until fellow ATPM staffer Lee Bennett pointed me to an investigative article at the St. Petersburg Times, no one really knew why Apple wasn’t offering AppleCare. Stories that made the rounds of the Mac Web included the untrue rumour that all extended warranties were illegal in Florida and the similarly untrue rumour that manufacturer’s warranties were limited to one year by the state.

So much for that idea.

The blogosphere/Mac Web/whatever absolutely needs to hold Apple’s feet to the fire for this. A one-time fee of $500 is a piss-poor excuse for refusing to offer AppleCare to all 16 million residents of a state with seven Apple Stores. (Florida is third behind California and New York for most Apple Stores.) Microsoft and Gateway both offer extended warranties in Florida. Dell appears to offer extended warranty service in Florida. Dare I point out that despite Apple’s consistently superior customer service ratings in such magazines as Consumer Reports, people constantly cite warranty coverage as a reason to choose Dells over Macs?

I’ll take this opportunity to remind you that a thoughtfully worded letter to [email protected] will have an effect, especially if it’s accompanied by a million others saying the same thing: quit being cheap, pay the $500, stop losing sales to Dell, and start raking in the cash from your Floridian customers!

from the applewebblog
    wow so that is lame not only for apples billion dollar industry to not fork out 500 bux (one time) but also cant retirees just say no wedo have that in our vocabulary.

Is there a way to bypass saying im from florida? or does my area code say it all?