Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to find out firmware?

  1. #1
    Question How to find out firmware?
    Hi,

    How do I find out FW on my newly baught (Oct. 5) iPhone?
    The serial # starts with: 7W7396Txxxx

    Is there anyway to activate and unlock the iphone if it's FW 1.1.1?

    Sorry for my dumb n00b questions

    - RJPA

  2. #2
    Setting>General>About - Version

    Or connect to itunes

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald.Brown01 View Post
    Setting>General>About - Version

    Or connect to itunes
    Ok, I can't because it's not been activated yet

    - RJPA

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rjpa View Post
    Ok, I can't because it's not been activated yet

    - RJPA
    You can check what firmware is preinstalled by going to the emergency call, entering *3001#12345#* then pressing "Call". Under Versions you will find what revision firmware is on the phone out of the box.

    03.12.06_G Is firmware 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G Is firmware 1.0.1 and 1.02
    04.01.13_G Is 1.1.1
     Think Different

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to aziatiklover For This Useful Post:

    rjpa (10-13-2007)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    You can check what firmware is preinstalled by going to the emergency call, entering *3001#12345#* then pressing "Call". Under Versions you will find what revision firmware is on the phone out of the box.

    03.12.06_G Is firmware 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G Is firmware 1.0.1 and 1.02
    04.01.13_G Is 1.1.1
    Thanks, this is what I needed. mine is: 04.01.13_G

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rjpa View Post
    Thanks, this is what I needed. mine is: 04.01.13_G
    np man good luck with the unlocking process
     Think Different

  8. #7
    wow that's great information... I just found out the iphone i got in SF 2 weeks ago is actually FW 1.02 (the guy did say it was the last in the store)... so did not have to worry about the 1.1.1 issue at all. Question: can I start the mod process without a SIM card or do I have to pick one up first?

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
    wow that's great information... I just found out the iphone i got in SF 2 weeks ago is actually FW 1.02 (the guy did say it was the last in the store)... so did not have to worry about the 1.1.1 issue at all. Question: can I start the mod process without a SIM card or do I have to pick one up first?
    just leave the original att sim car and start to jailbreak your iphone
     Think Different

  10. #9
    is there a number u can enter in the emergency call dialler that u can bypass the install sim card screen and actually get into it on the iphone and itunes?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    You can check what firmware is preinstalled by going to the emergency call, entering *3001#12345#* then pressing "Call". Under Versions you will find what revision firmware is on the phone out of the box.
    I tried it in 2 different 2G iphones just to test (FW 3.0 and 3.1.3) and it doesn't work. When did it stop working? Is there another way to query unactivated phone?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •