+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to activate iPad Mini as registered to someone else.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, I have a iPad Mini which was given to me as a pass me down from family overseas. It has IOS 7.0.4 on it but it had previous users
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unable to activate iPad Mini as registered to someone else.
    Hi,

I have a iPad Mini which was given to me as a pass me down from family overseas. It has IOS 7.0.4 on it but it had previous users ID stored on it. I turned off the ipad help the home button and plugged it into my computer with itunes. It asked me to restore which I did.

However now when i try and activate it asks to enter previous icloud details saying: This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID (p●●●●●@icloud.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPad.

Is there any other way I could activate it. Perhaps doing a jailbreak on it maybe?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Unfortunately, iOS 7 activation is an anti-theft feature. As of now, you need to contact your relative and ask them to sign out of Find My Ipad in iCloud as:

1. Sign in to his/her iCloud account at www.icloud.com/find
    2. Choose the device from their Find My iPad list by clicking on All Devices
    and select the correct iPad
    3. Click on Remove from Account

After it's done, you need to power off/on the device.

If it can't be done, you may want to stop by an Apple store to see if they can help. Also, jailbreaking will not help to by pass the activation lock on your iPad mini. Good luck