+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPad bricked(?) - need help!

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi guys, I recently received a bricked iPad from a friend to see if I could revive it. So far I had no luck. A bit of background: As far
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question IPad bricked(?) - need help!
    Hi guys,

I recently received a bricked iPad from a friend to see if I could revive it. So far I had no luck.

A bit of background:
    As far as I know, the iPad has never been jailbroken or anything like that. During a normal update (I guess to 5.1.1) through iTunes it somehow crashed (that's what he told me). After that it was stuck in a recovery loop (always booting into "connect to iTunes logo").
    Trying an update-restore through iTunes fails. Usually with a 1603 or 1604 error. No luck from DFU mode either.

I'm working on windows PCs (Win 7 Ultimate 32 or 64 Bit depending on PC).
    iTunes is latest version, also tried different computer, different cables (all known to be working with my 4S).

I also tried to search the web for the last days and tried several approaches I considered worth trying. Unfortunately most of was I have found was for bricked iPhones 3G/3GS.

Could somebody please try to support me to get the iPad back to a usable state?
    I don't care if it will end up jailbroken, on original iOS or whatever. Also I don't care about any data recovery. I "simply" want to be able to use it again and not using it as a paper weight.

If you need any other data (like log files, iRecovery output, etc...) just let me know and I try to provide it.

Thanks in advance!
    Regards,
    Mad-One

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds like a stolen one. I dont think none can help. Locks went on as wrong user.

Went to lock mode.

Edit: Steal my iphone or ipad can follow via gps where it is and nonusable. Correct if wrong
    Last edited by antsu; 01-03-2014 at 10:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, it is definately not stolen.

How can I verify if the device went to lock mode? And I can hardly imagine that tracking the device works in a recovery like state?!?
    What I have also figured out in the meantime: the NAND formatting was lost. There were no more partitions on the device. I menaged to re-create those after a raw dump and menaged to restore a major part of the filesystem. The only (or most obvious) problem right now is that the device refuses to accept the kernelcache due to a lzss mismatch. Altough it is a stock kernel.

An iTunes restore stimm doesn't work...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First, you need to update to latest iTunes to restore to current firmware which is iOS 7.0.4 (at the moment).
    Second, connect iPad to the USB cable; exit iTunes if it's auto-launch.
    Third, put iPad in pwned DFU mode (make sure it's pwned but not regular DFU mode; google if you don't know how to do this)
    Four, run iTunes and follow on-screen to restore.

Good luck...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for OP perhaps check if it still in warranty?
    Anyways It is "Find my iPhone" and is the most useless garbage ever. All it takes is a simple wipe, any decent thief would know that, also the iPad does not include a GPS.