+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I update my JB Ipad 2 from 5.0.1 to 6.1?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi, I have an Ipad 2 on 5.0.1 that I JB when I first got it a year and half ago. I was wondering if it is at all possible
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can I update my JB Ipad 2 from 5.0.1 to 6.1?
    Hi, I have an Ipad 2 on 5.0.1 that I JB when I first got it a year and half ago. I was wondering if it is at all possible to update to 6.1 so I can re-JB after I update. I tried downloading the appropriate 6.1 IPSW from getios.com and then restoring from iTunes. I guess it didn't work because 6.1.3 is the signed version right now so I got errors. I tried doing it in DFU mode and altering my HOSTS file but came up with error 3194. Using TinyUmbrella and trying again in DFU mode I was able to get by error 3194, but then came up with error 1600. Now I really don't know what to do since I've tried IREB to get it to PWN DFU mode but that doesn't support the Ipad 2 and I've also tried Redsn0w to do the same but it also doesn't support the Ipad 2. Any ideas if this is possible to work around? Or is the only choice to go up to the current 6.1.3 signed firmware and wait around for whenever a JB comes along? I've read that it's not possible to update to anything other than the current most signed firmware, but I just want to clarify it here. Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

As of now, you can only restore/upgrade to the current signing firmware.

Only a few iPad 2 with both saved iOS 4.x.x and 5.x.x SHSH blobs can restore to those firmware. For more info, you can read it here:

Frequently Asked Questions - JailbreakQA